YSSY Sydney Airport Photo Scenery

chris k

1.1 Update

Aug 05, 2012

post-5973-0-80759600-1344138966_thumb.jp post-5973-0-29675600-1344138940_thumb.jp

- Earlier release forgot to include the NO_SHADOW versions of my grass facades

- Resulted in shadowed grass when there shouldn't have been (it was in my test build but not in my release build)

- Finished up Heliport area. Traced "H" markings, Helipad Designator markings, taxiways, and blue outlines.

- Added grass around Heli edge area for effect.

- More Grass at edges around the perimeter of the airport

- Added dark grass in 3 taxiway outline areas near Intl Terminal that I noted were missing.

- Zebra Markings at Domestic Terminal Added

- Red outline/out of bounds markings in Domestic area added

- Fixed some grass edging which were causing alpha hits with objects behind them

- Removed some grass where it interfered with the ILS bollards.

- Changed Northern Intl Cargo yard to use new 10.10 lib objects for Dollies/Cargo Palettes

- Added Forest exclusion at RWY07 Threshold on the far bank.

YSSY Sydney Australia Airport Photo Scenery (XP10) v1.1

- CK.

Edited by chris k

wont work for me.

Screenies:

787_VIP_23.png

787_VIP_24.png

Log:

http://ahhyes.net/Log.txt

OpensceneryX is installed.

X-Plane version 10.05r1 - Linux

alex@desktop:~/X-Plane 10/Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX$ pwd

/home/alex/X-Plane 10/Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX

alex@desktop:~/X-Plane 10/Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX$ head -n 14 library.txt

A

LIBRARY

# Version: v2.0.0

EXPORT opensceneryx/facades/fences/chainlink/1/closed.fac facades/fences/chainlink/1/closed/facade.fac

# Deprecated v1.6.0

EXPORT opensceneryx/facades/fences/chainfence.fac facades/fences/chainlink/1/closed/facade.fac

# Deprecated v1.6.0

EXPORT opensceneryx/facades/fences/chainfence_small.fac facades/fences/chainlink/1/closed/facade.fac

EXPORT opensceneryx/facades/fences/chainlink/1/open.fac facades/fences/chainlink/1/open/facade.fac

EXPORT opensceneryx/forests/boats/power/1.for forests/boats/power/1/forest.for

EXPORT opensceneryx/forests/boats/sail/1.for forests/boats/sail/1/forest.for

Edited by ahhyes

• 1 month later...

It's a pity Chris.

10.10 has broken a lot of payware aircraft. I fly the 787 and 10.10 has broken a number of things in that plane. I am rolling back to 10.05 as I type this (after testing many 10.10 betas and reporting many bugs). The newly released Boeing 777 up on x-plane.org also only supports 10.05), funny how the authors have decided not to support 10.10 ;)

it now means I am going to lose your scenery which I really really enjoyed. I think a number of people will be staying away from 10.10 for some time, is there NO way you can make this scenery compatible with 10.05?

Only if I delete about 1/3 of the objects! =)

- CK.

p.s. yes there is a way - by using a placeholder library to replace any unreferenced objects with a 'blank' one, so it loads.... much like opensceneryX does. I have pondered this as a temp fix for now.

Problem is, there's a ton of new library objects in 10.10 that I'm taking advantage of... so even thought I could make a 10.05, quite a bit would be missing.

Edited by chris k

Hi Chris

Foir version 1.1 you say you have added 'zebra markings' for the domestic terminal. I am currently working on a scenery in the UK with no air bridges so quite alot of these passenger 'zebra' walkways out to the aircraft. Where can I find the POL's for these, in the WED library or OSX?

Regards

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

What's the best method to move gate starting positions? I'm trying to make room for my big fat 777 at say Int 37 or 34 where the aircraft pokes its nose into the passenger lounge ("Flying High" style). Using WED the very slightest movement shifts the aircraft 50-100m and sometimes reverses its direction even though the little icon still points the same way.

Any suggestions?

Phil

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just found the Sydney City Photo Scenery XP10 on ISDG's web site.  A perfect compliment to this fantastic airport scenery.  Now all we need is Laminar to deliver on their long promised fix to Botany Bay and flying around the Sydney region will be superb.

Thanks to Chris and the others at ISDG

Phil

Edited by pmorris