Carenado V35 Bonanza Released!

On March 5th 2012 Carenado released the V35 Bonanza for X-Plane.

Developed for X-PLANE 9.5 (or higher)***

Windows 7, Vista, XP, MAC OS 10.3.9 (or higher) and Linux compatible

The package includes:

4 liveries

With and without Tip Tank models

Normal and Emergency Procedures PDF

Reference document PDF

KFC150 Autopilot PDF

Recommended Settings PDF

Features:

KFC150 Autopilot

GNS430 installed

Tip Tanks option selector

Original HQ digital stereo sounds (22.05 KHz) recorded from the original aircraft

IFR certification

Interactive virtual cockpit

Full moving parts: Ailerons, elevators, rudders, flaps, rolling wheels

Animated sections such as: doors, sun visor and copilot seat

Realistic lights: Navigation lights, beacons, landing lights.

Realistic light effects on gauges

3D modeled pilot and cockpit area.

Many details as: pitot, antennas, chocks, pitot cover, baggage area.

Realistic textures and original paint designs.

Realistic light effects on gauges.

Accurately reproduced flight characteristics

***WARNING: This aircraft was NOT developed for X-Plane 10.

It works in that platform, but it doesn’t take advantage of all the new features.

We will provide a patch in the future which will make it 100% compatible.

Regardless of what you think of the sound description in the ad, she sounds great to me. Gutsy sounding engine at all rpm's. Had a sweet flight from KSBP to KSBA on PilotEdge and had no issues with this plane. I'll have to take her up again soon to give her a thorough shake down, but from first glance, she's a keeper. I'll get into her a little deeper later, but for now, I highly recommend her.

High quality 22khz sound? give me a break..

I too read this and chuckled to myself. 'High quality' and '22khz' in the same sentance? Hmmm...I assume that this is a limitation of the sound engine? With XPX's fantastic new scenery and visuals, I personally feel that sound has been overlooked for many versions of XP. I thought that that a new rewrite of the sound engine was on the cards for version 10. Other than that though the aircraft looks like Carenado's typical high standard. Wheres that credit card? {fumbles for wallet}

Rhydian

I agree completely that X-Plane sounds are sorely lacking, but even so, Carenado is doing a decent job with the sound as opposed to the default sounds.

Yes I do agree that compared to the default sounds, Carenado's sounds are certainly an improvement. I just feel its a shame that they dont have a better sound engine to work with. I have their C172N and Piper Archer for X-plane, they are superb addons. I'd love to see their soon to be released C182 and Cirrus SR22 given the XPX treatment.

Cheers

Rhydian

If you go to the Carenado site you will find this posted with all of their Xplane Aircraft ***WARNING: This aircraft was NOT developed for X-Plane 10. It works in that platform, but it doesn t take advantage of all the new features. We will provide a patch in the future which will make it 100% compatible.

Edited by larjeet

If you go to the Carenado site you will find this posted with all of their Xplane Aircraft ***WARNING: This aircraft was NOT developed for X-Plane 10. It works in that platform, but it doesn t take advantage of all the new features. We will provide a patch in the future which will make it 100% compatible.

You will also see that in the first post of this thread. By the way, are there any developers who are promising full XP10 support right now?

In regards to the Version 10 thing:

Posted on December 1, 2011 by Ben Supnik wrote:A number of third party authors (bravely) promised X-Plane 10 updates to their airplanes. And I believe that a tune-up to be X-Plane 10 compatible isn’t going to represent a lot of man hours.

That is, unless you try to do this job now.

I have a number of open bugs where version 9 airplanes don’t load quite right in X-Plane 10. If you have an X-Plane 9 airplane and you try to work around these bugs, a few things will happen:

You will only be able to work around some of the bugs, as others are pretty hard-baked into the sim.

When I actually fix the bugs (in the next weeks) your airplane will be “broken” yet again, since “fixing” the bugs now means trying to make a right with two wrongs.

So third party authors: please do file bugs if you haven’t already, and give us a little time to work through them. Please do not try to work around these bugs, only to have your airplane become “re-broken” when we get the sim corrected.

And users: please be patient with your third party airplane authors. They can’t make their plane v10 compatible until we fix some bugs, and if they try they’re just going to get thrashed.

There are some things that do need to be reworked for version 10, particularly for HDR mode. But a lot of the reports I get are just things that are funky in the sim.

Still waiting on the bugs to be fixed......

Edited by steven winslow

What a beaute, the interior is quite something else, --a pleasure to sit & dream in--- the last time I saw Walnut panelling like that was on my first car, an straight 8 cylinder 'Armstrong Sidley', some 48 years ago---!! (Flies well too--the V35 that is) :rolleyes:

Edited by edwin