Buying Addons for X-Plane 10

Blodhemn

I can see people like myself that are coming over from FSX / FS9 to X-Plane 10, getting confused, and buying non-compatable addons. Everywhere I look for some new aircraft / scenery there are items that don't mention SPECIFICALLY whether they are compatable with X-Plane 10, they say something like X plane 9.?? + or they just say X-plane.

I wish the websites selling the items would Catagorize stuff that is for X-Plane 10 to make it easier for newcomers to X-Plane like myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I've put one in direct from the account contact Cameron but I need it fixed as this security B#####ks is getting well out of hand and I'm not talking specifically about X-Aviation.

Security is not in place 99% of the time to protect me--but to protect the Guys flogging the product. That I'm cool with except when that system starts messing me around--I paid for the plane--not the security or any hassle involved!!

X-Plane is going all over the place at the moment & I have to reinstall beta editions constantly whilst trying to hang onto decent ones. This means I generally have 3 installs on the computer at any one time.

A fresh Disc install ready to update.

The latest beta that worked really successfully (Gold dust & presently b4) and the latest update now b6 which is full of grief. (Once a good update is found it has to be kept--losing it by updating and finding consequential bugs later means no turning back)

Most planes swap over well--even the Corvalis I was having trouble with a long while back shifts back and forth sweetly -- but after looking at some nice shots on this forum today I found I had not transferred the MU-2 so I opened up the download--installed--& got an Activation request.

Following the instructions took me nowhere. Trying to input my codes in accounts were inutile. I’m stuck with an aeroplane on the runway and a Activation request which is as useful to me as a parachute is to a scuba diver ----

Help or call a Vet to put me out of my misery

The MU-2 is unlike all other activations hence your issue compared to our other products (hence the reason products like the Corvalis move over so easily). The MU-2 will be getting its first update in nearly three years to bring it up to snuff with our other products including the activation. This should be out very soon.

In the meantime, so long as you have submitted a request for support we'll get to you in the order received.

• 2 weeks later...