Finally - A useful 3D mouse look

chris k

Coming in the next version:

Right-mouse drag to look around in 3-D cockpit command-look view, and mouse scroll wheel zooms. This is a pretty convenient way to look around the 3-D cockpits.

Source: http://wiki.x-plane.com/Beta

FINALLY! Why oh why before did we have to hit, ctrl-o, or shift, 9, then scroll, then mouse, then q or e, then move.. then +/-

Glad to see that someone realized how broken it was, and has fixed it =)

Yay LR!

- CK.

I use Pilot view plug in and hat switch I hate how as soon as I enable Pilot view it pops into mouse view hopefully Now that you have to hold down the right mouse key this might prevent that ? And I just tried the Updater and no downloads yet will I ever live that down LOL :(

3d mouse look, superb, that just made my day. Now all we need is a scrollable middle button for the instruments and I'd be even happier. Incidentally, is there a reason why x-plane don't offer the scrollable wheel? I thought it was because not all mac mice had this button but these days with the mighty mouse it's fairly common place. Is there another reason?

Rhydian

I wish it could drift a little, so it would be easier to make nice POV video clips. It's too stiff now. For those of you who used to fly XP9, you know what I mean when I compare it to the free view.

The more I move the mouse from its center where I right-clicked, the faster the camera will pan.

may be not I just took it for granted that it did . As I never use it . But I hated it in Xplane 9 because if you accidently touched it while useing mouse controls it would launch you into what ever was infront of you but I have heard of people who used nothing but mouse wheel throttle and I was just sort of polking fun at them HiHi