Weird random Flaps

Hello,  

Today I am struggling with a strange behaviour of the flaps in version 2.0.1 for the Tubine Islander (downloaded today).

I have fully retracted the flaps. Then, after a while, the flaps are moved to the first position without any interaction. If I then fully retract them again, they switch back to the first flap position after a random period of time.

Any ideas?

Yours sincerely

Hardy

Does this only happen when the flaps are fully retracted?

Further, what are you using to control the flaps? Keyboard, buttons, or a hardware lever? Try an alternate control method to the one you're using, and see if the issue persists, because we've never encountered this in either testing or our own flying.

Posted (edited)

Hi, it does not only happen when fully extracted - it also lowers flaps by one notch when in first or second position.

Usually I'm using my Bravo-Throttle to control flaps - I already suspected a misfiring hardware switch or something similar so I disconnected the throttle and configured a keyboard binding - same result.

Currently trying the BNtP - so far without that weird flaps behaviour same behaviour here - even with flaps not mapped to any switch or keyboard - doing some further investigations. Guess it might be sonething on my side if you never heard of such an issue.

Edited by Hardy

Watched the console log for a while and that what's beeing logged immedeately before moving the flaps:

2024-03-18 21:59:19 ISLANDER[Main.cpp:614]: BN-2 Islander Deactivated
2024-03-18 21:59:24 ISLANDER[Main.cpp:578]: BN-2 Islander Activated
2024-03-18 21:59:24 ISLANDER[Main.cpp:582]: Output Dataref/Command Files
2024-03-18 21:59:24 ISLANDER[generalSystems.h:1134]: G5 Plugin Found

Have had this Deactivating/Aktivating thingy now 14 times in an 140nm flight occuring on random timespans between 2 and 10 minutes.

... and for some reason it seems that this Deactivating/Activating doesn't happen with Wing-Flaps Circuit-Breaker switched off. Somewhat crazy...

19 hours ago, Hardy said:

Have had this Deactivating/Aktivating thingy now 14 times in an 140nm flight occuring on random timespans between 2 and 10 minutes.

... and for some reason it seems that this Deactivating/Activating doesn't happen with Wing-Flaps Circuit-Breaker switched off. Somewhat crazy...

Can you send your full log.txt file?