Does anyone see the specular map gone in xp10.03 rc2?

Japo32

Hi!

I don't know if in versions before was there.. but today I was looking at the cockpit of the CRJ200 and saw something odd..... It look like plastic!!!!!

So I investigated.. and I don't see the specular fx!! it is gone!! and I have the pixel shader on and extreme resolution textures.

I want to know if that happens to you also.

My graphic card is an Nvidia 580. Seems that also have a problem of drivers with real shadows.

Send in a bug report, or because your on the development team, send Austin an email.

He's being diligent and looking to see if others experience this issue before he sends off a report without being thorough in his research. No need to bug Laminar if it's a one-off deal. Often times Laminar will simply relay back a message to see if other users are experiencing the same issue to help out with analysis.

Just tested it and you are correct, looks terrible, I have a Zotac GTX 580 3gb GPU and have issues with newer drivers in X-Plane and other games. Was running the 285 drivers and

would get all kinds of artifacts. Tried updating to the latest beta drivers and it was even worse. So rolled back to the 275 drivers and it cleared up many issues. But as for what you

are describing, I see it to.

• 1 year later...