Saitek multipanel display

RonMont

Hi everyone!

So far, with @Pils's CL650_xsaitekpanels.ini file, the multipanel was displaying 0s only, instead of the ALT, VSPEED, HDG, COURSE, etc.

I've been digging into it lately, to try and make those displays work, and I managed to find the datarefs. I now got the HDG showing properly, by using abus/CL650/ARINC429/FDCU-1/words/FCC/0/HDG_SEL.

I have also found the following datarefs for ALT and IAS, but the values are in meters for the ALT, and in meters/second for the IAS:

abus/CL650/ARINC429/FDCU-1/words/FCC/0/ALT_SEL
abus/CL650/ARINC429/L-PFD-1/words/FCC/0/IAS_SEL

For the VS value, I've only found datarefs that have values that I cannot decipher, but certainly don't look like 1000, 2000, 2400, etc; the values are not in feet per minute.

I certainly would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction for finding those datarefs.

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Pils said:

Hi Pils! Never knew about the existence of that script! Thanks so much!

For some reason, it keeps being shifted to the Quarantined scripts folder, every time I load the CL. The X-Plane log claims that the datarefs don't exist, even though I do know they exist, as confirmed with Dataref Editor.

FlyWithLua Info: Start loading script file E:\X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts/CL650_xsaitekpanels.lua
FlyWithLua Error: The DataRef "abus/CL650/ARINC429/L-FCC-1/words/FCC/0/ALT_SEL" does not exist.
FlyWithLua Error: The DataRef "abus/CL650/ARINC429/L-FCC-1/words/FCC/0/VS_TGT_TGT" does not exist.
FlyWithLua Error: The DataRef "abus/CL650/ARINC429/L-FCC-1/words/FCC/0/IAS_SEL" does not exist.
FlyWithLua Error: The DataRef "abus/CL650/ARINC429/L-FCC-1/words/FCC/0/HDG_SEL" does not exist.
FlyWithLua Error: The DataRef "abus/CL650/ARINC429/L-FCC-1/words/FCC/0/CRS_SEL" does not exist.
FlyWithLua Info: Finished loading script file E:\X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts/CL650_xsaitekpanels.lua
FlyWithLua Error: The error seems to be inside of script file E:\X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts/CL650_xsaitekpanels.lua
FlyWithLua Info: 2nd Moved Bad Script to E:\X-Plane 12/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts (Quarantine)/CL650_xsaitekpanels.lua
FlyWithLua Info: Load exit file.

However, when I move the script back in the Scripts folder, after loading the aircraft, and then do a "Reload all LUA script files" from the plugins menu, it loads it fine, and everything works as designed.

I'm baffled by this; probably a question of timing, like the script loads before the datarefs are loaded? I will keep investigating.

In the meantime, if you have an idea about that behavior, I would appreciate your comment.

Thanks a lot for your script; it would deserve to be found more easily however.

7 hours ago, RonMont said:

However, when I move the script back in the Scripts folder, after loading the aircraft, and then do a "Reload all LUA script files" from the plugins menu, it loads it fine, and everything works as designed.

Sounds about right.

7 hours ago, RonMont said:

I'm baffled by this; probably a question of timing, like the script loads before the datarefs are loaded? I will keep investigating.

Send a pull request if you figure out how to fix it.

9 hours ago, RonMont said:

Any idea why the script automatically goes to the Scripts (Quarantined) folder?

Like you said, a timing issue, those datarefs aren’t created until after the script loads.

9 hours ago, RonMont said:

Sorry, but I have no idea what a "pull request" is 

https://docs.github.com/en/pull-requests/collaborating-with-pull-requests/proposing-changes-to-your-work-with-pull-requests/about-pull-requests

On 11/22/2023 at 4:17 AM, Pils said:

Sounds about right.

Send a pull request if you figure out how to fix it.

Hi Pils,

Working with some guys on the FlyWithLua XPlane.org forum, I ended up with a script that works.

The idea was to add a loop function in the script that makes the script wait for the datarefs to be available before running.

I spent an hour trying to figure out how to do a pull request on Github, but only managed to create an Issue, and was not able to link a pull request to it.

Here's the script that works.

Thanks and have a good day!

CL650_xsaitekpanels(APN4).lua