Simbrief FPLN REJECTED

bpcw0001

Hi,

it appears that after the latest Simbrief update, the Challenger cannot handle flight plan import from Simbrief any more when there are SIDs and STARs included. 
This used to work fine!
Once I remove the SIDs and STARs from the route in Simbrief, the flight plan imports with no issues.

I have always used the Simbrief "Default" flight plan layout.

Was this changed? What flightplan layout am I supposed to use that the Challenger "understands"?

37 minutes ago, bpcw0001 said:

Was this changed?

No.

37 minutes ago, bpcw0001 said:

What flightplan layout am I supposed to use that the Challenger "understands"?

OFP layout is irrelevant. The only requirement is for “Detailed nav log” to be checked.

You must provide log from X-Plane and fms file from SimBrief for us to investigate further.

Edited by Pils

1 hour ago, Pils said:

No.

OFP layout is irrelevant. The only requirement is for “Detailed nav log” to be checked.

You must provide log from X-Plane and fms file from SimBrief for us to investigate further.

OK - what file exactly do you need from Simbrief? There seem to be 2 possibilities for X-Plane 12:

image.png.9c9421db86e42717db2a32444e6771eb.png

Which one is grabbed by the HS Challenger during FPLN request in the FMS? I attached both of them.

Attached also the current log.

You'll find lines like these:

2023-11-11 14:21:32 CL650[fpl_ser.c:780]: Error loading FPL: line "1 LMML ADEP 297.000000 35.857542 14.477439" produced error "NOT IN DATA BASE"

LMMLEGLL01.fms LMMLEGLL01_SID_STAR.fms Log.txt

Edited by bpcw0001

The problem is that Simbrief are constructing certain flight plans in a bad way. They are encoding a fictitious SID transition (using the SIDTRANS line) that doesn't actually exist in the database. In the case of GZO3D, they're encoding the terminating waypoint as if it was a named enroute transition (GZO), which it is not (GZO3D contains no enroute transitions). The file with the SID & STAR would load just fine if they simply left that one line out. The official Laminar .FMS file format specification makes this clear:

If the departure has no transitions, the SIDTRANS line can be omitted.

This will also work fine in countries (such as the US) which design procedures with named transitions - there, encoding the named procedure transition is correct.

2 hours ago, bpcw0001 said:

Was this changed?

This was changed by Simbrief, not us. We have a workaround to detect these fictitious transitions in the next update, but it's not in the stable release. As such, for the time being, I would recommend not entering a SID & STAR in the flight plan and simply adding them via DEP/ARR in the airplane after the flight plan is loaded.

52 minutes ago, skiselkov said:

The problem is that Simbrief are constructing certain flight plans in a bad way. They are encoding a fictitious SID transition (using the SIDTRANS line) that doesn't actually exist in the database. In the case of GZO3D, they're encoding the terminating waypoint as if it was a named enroute transition (GZO), which it is not (GZO3D contains no enroute transitions). The file with the SID & STAR would load just fine if they simply left that one line out. The official Laminar .FMS file format specification makes this clear:

This will also work fine in countries (such as the US) which design procedures with named transitions - there, encoding the named procedure transition is correct.

This was changed by Simbrief, not us. We have a workaround to detect these fictitious transitions in the next update, but it's not in the stable release. As such, for the time being, I would recommend not entering a SID & STAR in the flight plan and simply adding them via DEP/ARR in the airplane after the flight plan is loaded.

OK, thanks for the clarification. It is clear that there was some change made by Simbrief, since I've imported and flown this very route many times without issues in the past.
No big deal anyway. The SIDs and STARs never came over from Simbrief on import, which I actually appreciate, since the actual SID and STAR are anyway selected on short notice manually in the FMS.

However, long SIDs and STARs should be considered by Simbrief during fuel planning. So I'll do a "normal" briefing to get the fuel figures, and then create a new flight plan without the SIDs and STARs for import in the HS Challenger.

Is there any chance that Simbrief fixes this to work correctly?

Edited by bpcw0001