Windshield Icing - unable to see. Xplane 12.

BrianT

Hello, 

On several occasions now, I have found the windshield has fogged up or frozen, and have been unable to see outside. 
I have worked through the icing procedures, but have had no success - only option is to fly at low altitude with above freezing temps. 

Tonight I was attempting to depart from KDLH and they had freezing temps with snow. I deiced as per normal procedure and ensured the icing system was working and turned on but the windshield would not defog or deice. 

Does anyone have any solutions? 

thanks 

On 10/31/2023 at 1:26 PM, Pils said:

Wow … this was reported for X-Plane 12.05 already. We‘re now at 12.07 and no fix yet? Is there any possibility to disable the windshield icing effects? This makes the sim basically unusable during winter time.

Edited by bpcw0001

3 hours ago, bpcw0001 said:

Wow … this was reported for X-Plane 12.05 already. We‘re now at 12.07 and no fix yet? Is there any possibility to disable the windshield icing effects? This makes the sim basically unusable during winter time.

You can try this untested script as a workaround https://github.com/pilsnerish/FlyWithLua-Scripts/blob/main/CL650_window_heat.lua

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello,

This XP12 issue is still present in 12.0.9 final release. Currently flying around Montreal in icing conditions and had to perform a "blind" landing due to icy windscreen. Window Heat on HI had no effect. Any idea ? Best regards, Philippe

300712585_Capturedcran(251).thumb.png.ba62154eabb7cb1696e08d5e541c04a3.png

1838117751_Capturedcran(252).thumb.png.1f0582d3b407d479abd305879b99710e.png

724675884_Capturedcran(250).thumb.png.522a78f2ccc008db281b6b98352c9ad3.png

Edited by Philippe TORNE

46 minutes ago, Philippe TORNE said:

Thanks for your answer. I really hope LR is aware that their « fix » (https://developer.x-plane.com/x-plane-bug-database/?issue=XPD-14670) actually doesn’t work :( and that they will « fix the fix » ASAP

They are. But we may also not be able to fix it without modification to the plane. In the meantime my script linked above does the job.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1