IXEG for XP12 Crashes My Plugin - On Windows, are you changing privilege levels during load?

Splash

All,

Windows only:

When the IXEG loads in XP12, it appears that the running code changes current privilege level to another privilege level. Does any of the code while loading the aircraft elevate or un-elevate current context (run as different user)?

Please confirm.

My plugin fails to load because of this issue.

My observations: I want to spare you the implementation details, here's what you need to know:

When my plugin starts it registers a moniker in the Running Objects Table (ROT) in order to share an instance in Xplane's process address space to another application running in another address space that wants to use the shared instance to communicate with Xplane (inter process communication via COM services using a moniker). When IXEG finished loading the ROT registration is gone (or at least no accessible from the context of the executing thread that wants to use the shared instance). This usually is cause of mismatched privilege levels between running process thread and another thread in another process trying to access the ROT to look up the object which doesn't exist anymore

This only happens when I load the IXEG 737, all other installed planes worked (even 3rd party). The culprit is therefore IXEG.

So what's changed? In XP11 this was not an issue with IXEG. 

Edited by Splash

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...