Fire test switch to stay

AngelOfAttack

IRL the fire test procedure call for hold the test switch and push the bell cutout button to see if the cutout also works, currently in IXEG with a mouse input it's not possible, could it be make that the fire test switch and cargo fire test button in test position hold until further input, or for like 5 seconds so we can check the cutout switch?

Hmm, but then people would complain that "in the real plane the switch pops back to neutral the second you let it go" :D

I think that is just one limitation we have to live with. If you don´t trust the cutout switch, you can trigger a fire via the failure menu, use the cutout switch to silence the bell, and once you have established that it works, extinguish the fire by "fixing all faults" and then commence with the cockpit preparation ;).

Hmm, maybe we can assign a command to the switch so you can use a key or button to "hold" the test switch?

Edited by Litjan

14 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Hmm, maybe we can assign a command to the switch so you can use a key or button to "hold" the test switch?

Hmm, I think I could already do that in FlywithLua, the problem is I don't have much button to spare on something not so time critical.

Actually maybe I can just use FWL to hold it for like 5 sec.....But as I remember last time I try to write something like this I find FWL doesn't came with handy timer function like "Sleep.5000" in FSUIPC.

• Like 1