[CTD] X-Plane 12 crashes whenever I try to load the IXEG 737

Sluijsens

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 3:13 PM, Cameron said:

Yes, it is of course 64-bit. 32-bit has not been used in ages for X-Plane.

Hello, okay. any progress re that issue? Thank you: it is a shame, I even bought the great 737 Classic Pilot Handbook and have no more reason to use it! Happy New Year anyway!

2 hours ago, clecorouge said:

Hello, okay. any progress re that issue? Thank you: it is a shame, I even bought the great 737 Classic Pilot Handbook and have no more reason to use it! Happy New Year anyway!

No. The same people in this topic remain the only people with this issue.

• 2 months later...

ever tried to load cessna first, and switch over to the boeing? I also have these CTDs... I just try to load often, and on the 2. or 3. time it really loads. also try to switch gates, times etc...

Edited by TarakM

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 11:24 PM, TarakM said:

ever tried to load cessna first, and switch over to the boeing? I also have these CTDs... I just try to load often, and on the 2. or 3. time it really loads. also try to switch gates, times etc...

Hello, thank you for sharing, unfortunately that trick does not work for me. Cheers, C

Edited by clecorouge

On 3/30/2024 at 11:58 PM, Cameron said:

Unfortunately not.

@Cameron Hello,

The issue appears to stem from the "xa_validate.xpl" file located in the "win_x64" directory.

When I replace this file with the "xa_validate.xpl" from the "mac_x64" directory, I am able to load and interact with the plane.

However, this causes both the external and internal plane sounds, as well as environmental sounds, to be set to zero in the settings.

It seems that this plugin is intended to verify user authorization to operate the plane. I have legitimately purchased this aircraft, so I expect to be able to use it as I do with the many other planes I have bought from X-Aviation.

Furthermore, the plugin relies on outdated open-source libraries, such as Libcurl.dll and Zlib1.dll, which is concerning given that we are now in 2024.

Additionally, the XP11 version of this aircraft does not require this plugin and operates without these issues.

So, why is this plugin necessary for the other version?

Please address this problem.

Thank you,

Best regards,

C

On 4/12/2024 at 12:44 PM, clecorouge said:

When I replace this file with the "xa_validate.xpl" from the "mac_x64" directory, I am able to load and interact with the plane.

You're taking away an element of the aircraft that enables all the systems to run. Just because you remove it and it loads does not mean you've solved the issue at all. Of course a Mac plugin is not going to run on Windows!

On 4/12/2024 at 12:44 PM, clecorouge said:

Furthermore, the plugin relies on outdated open-source libraries, such as Libcurl.dll and Zlib1.dll, which is concerning given that we are now in 2024.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "outdated". They are not.

Unfortunately, it's quite clear you're throwing darts anywhere you can without a target even being present. Lots of talk that you don't have knowledge about, hence these strange accusations you've made throughout this thread about old items, and plugins not being 64 bit.

The facts remain. There's three of you encountering this. That's a pool size so small I cannot help you and you're better off seeking a common denominator amongst one another. It's the last time I'll say such, and I'm going to close this thread. Please discuss amongst yourselves in private messages. Should things change or we have an "aha!" moment, I will unlock and update this thread.

• Downvote 2