MU-2

I recently bought an MU-2B- 60  and all the controls are operated by a ghost! Nothing can be really configured. My platform is a Windows 11, XPlane 12, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo with a set of Rudder Peddals. The computer in a non issue, lots of power and memory. 

Does anyone have the configuration for the Alpha and Bravo, and a POH?

The MU2 is not a Plug and Play Plane. It's one of those, you HAVE to read the Documentation for a Proper Setup. I also use the Honeycomb Controls and the configuration could be a challenge, but everything could be configured. Start with a new Joystick Profile, take care of using Throttle 3 and 4 for Lever 1 and 2 on the Bravo, and don't forget to edit the Throttle Response Curves as described in the Manual. For the Alpha Switches, I only use the Light Switches. Have in Mind, the MU2 has some own DataRefs. And have a look in the Forum here. Some Questions maybe already answered. You will find Settings for the MU2 Preference (Gizmo Plugin) here, I posted mine a few Days ago. Pre Defined Joystick Files will not help in any case. There are a few Settings which are based on Personal Preferences so it is better to do it Step by Step. And as a End Result, you know what you are doing.

Feel free to ask if something is unclear. I'm still learning too.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, meierzwo said:

The MU2 is not a Plug and Play Plane. It's one of those, you HAVE to read the Documentation for a Proper Setup. I also use the Honeycomb Controls and the configuration could be a challenge, but everything could be configured. Start with a new Joystick Profile, take care of using Throttle 3 and 4 for Lever 1 and 2 on the Bravo, and don't forget to edit the Throttle Response Curves as described in the Manual. For the Alpha Switches, I only use the Light Switches. Have in Mind, the MU2 has some own DataRefs. And have a look in the Forum here. Some Questions maybe already answered. You will find Settings for the MU2 Preference (Gizmo Plugin) here, I posted mine a few Days ago. Pre Defined Joystick Files will not help in any case. There are a few Settings which are based on Personal Preferences so it is better to do it Step by Step. And as a End Result, you know what you are doing.

Feel free to ask if something is unclear. I'm still learning too.

Thanks for the advise!

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

I use a Alpha and Bravo for the Mu-2.

It's a slightly odd setup for the throttle as I use the switch at the bottom of the throttle axis to switch between the forward and backwards sections of the in-cockpit throttle.

In means when you are in the backwards section of the in-cockpit throttle the controls are reversed (pushing forward on the physical lever, pulls the in-cockpit lever back) but it wasn't difficult to adjust to that and it does mean I get to use the full range of the physical lever in each mode and there's no risk of a sudden shift of in-game throttle when switching "mode"

In terms of what I set for controls, the Alpha has standard Roll and Pitch axis mappings, nothing out of the ordinary there at all.

For the Bravo axis, I have Lever 1 & 2 set to Throttle 3 & 4 and Levers 3 & 4 set to Prop 1 & 2 respectively
In the Throttle Buttons (GA) section I have 

Button 3 - Toggle thrust reversers
Button 4 - Toggle thrust reversers #2
Button 5 - Move left condition lever to EMER STOP
Button 6 - Move right condition lever to EMER STOP

Finally in the Mu-2 preferences panel I have

Auto-stop power levers at detent - OFF
Power Level Upper Limit - 0.5
Power Level Lower Limit - 0.4
Hardware Power Detent Ratio - 0
Show Ghost Throttles - Always

I can't guarantee this setting will work for you but maybe they'll be a starting point for you to work out your preferred config ?

Thanks!

And if you have any leftover Mixture Settings from a previous Joystick Profile, delete them. Or you could have Troubles with the Engine Startup Sequence.
For the Throttle Lever Liftoff for changing between Alpha and Beta Section, I use a Button on the Alpha Yoke. The MU2 has a TOGA Switch and I don't want to loose that Function. Personal Preference.

Edit.
For a Pilots Handbook look here:

Edited by meierzwo