Brake application rate issues.

Hi folks!

Reporting Brake application rate issues I just noticed with my setup (TM Pendular Rudder):
1. Brake application rate in MU2 preferences being applied to Right Toe Brake axis only. Left Axis is unaffected.
2. There is no option to remove this effect entirely for direct input from hardware. Even with minimal possible settings 0.01 - there is some noticeable delay on braking.
3. [not confirmed] It feels like braking forces are not being applied to wheels on press-n-hold, but force gradually growing with noticeable delay. ( irrespective to settings in P.2.) I will be happy to be proved wrong.

Thanks!

You're correct, the right brake has a hard coded delay that's longer than the left one.  When hardware is attached, I set the delay to 0.1s...which should be fast enough to follow your brake pedal application...and this is the case on the left pedal only atm.

The brake rate set in the prefs applies to when no hardware is attached, so that's why its not getting affected.   I was probably playing with the values way back when and only set one (because I don't have pedals and was using one throttle lever to test)....and forgot to set the other.  Its on my todo list now.  Thx again.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 6:17 AM, android772000 said:

Has this been fixed yet

fixed yes...released no.   This is because I have a few more items to fix to include in the next patch.  I've been waiting to get through the IXEG upgrade period (which ends in 9 days) to make sure it was suitable and then will immediately take a turn on the MU2....so its on the very near-term todo list.

-tk

It's funny that I recently fixed this for my copy by FlyWihLua script.
Attaching just in case. MU-2_Brakes_Fix_v2.lua

In order to make it work - search sim/joystick/joystick_axis_values with datareftool, found your brakes axis numbers and change this two numbers in script with proper numbers(mine are 26 and 27):
    local Left_Brake_Axis = 26
    local Right_Brake_Axis = 27

Offtop: tkyler,  I saw your interview with Q8, a lot of amazing stuff and very motivating!