Key command to put yourself outside the aircraft

JRBarrett

I have several custom cockpit camera views assigned to various keys on the numeric keypad.

I completed a flight, shutdown and secured the aircraft, walked down the stairs then shut and locked the main entrance door. Then I accidentally hit one of the numeric keypad keys, which instantly teleported me back into the cockpit. The only thing I could think to do was to reopen the door from the inside, walk back down the steps and once again close and lock to door, so that I could walk back into the FBO with the W key.

Is there any custom command that can be bound to a key or joystick button to place the pilot outside of the aircraft on the ramp? I looked through the long list of custom CL650 commands and couldn’t find anything - but I may have been overlooking something obvious.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Is there any custom command that can be bound to a key or joystick button to place the pilot outside of the aircraft on the ramp? I looked through the long list of custom CL650 commands and couldn’t find anything - but I may have been overlooking something obvious.

I think you might be able to assign a custom view to an external camera location? But I've never tried. However, next time there's no need to exit via the door, just move right through the side of the cockpit wall, and then "crouch" (press X by default) until you reach the ground.

Just now, Pils said:

I think you might be able to assign a custom view to an external camera location? But I've never tried. However, next time there's no need to exit via the door, just move right through the side of the cockpit wall, and then "crouch" (press X by default) until you reach the ground.

I’ll try creating a custom camera view outside, but I didn’t realize I could also “Superman” my way right through the fuselage! Thanks for the info.

8 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

I’ll try creating a custom camera view outside, but I didn’t realize I could also “Superman” my way right through the fuselage! Thanks for the info.

I do it all the time, to avoid the awkward walk through the cockpit, hitting walls, etc, and then the walk down the stairs :D