Engine page, load + RPM in caution range + a bit of a strange power lever behaviour

Papickx

It is a bit of a pity for an addon at this price to not recreate at least the custom engine page like the SR20 and SR22 did, but even on the compact engine display I am curious if it would be possible to display the load and RPM values in front of a yellow background when they are in the caution range (at full power on take off for example).

About the power lever: it is a bit strange that a lot of movement (like 1/3rd - 1/2 of the full travel) is necessary to raise the load from idle on the ground, and start rolling - I unfortunately have no real life experience in the NG version, but I am wondering if this is realistic. [It is not an issue with curves or anything, I can visually see the lever move and the load is barely reacting for a long time (or travel)].

Edited by Papickx
added detail

On 6/20/2023 at 3:58 PM, Papickx said:

It is a bit of a pity for an addon at this price to not recreate at least the custom engine page like the SR20 and SR22 did, but even on the compact engine display I am curious if it would be possible to display the load and RPM values in front of a yellow background when they are in the caution range (at full power on take off for example).

About the power lever: it is a bit strange that a lot of movement (like 1/3rd - 1/2 of the full travel) is necessary to raise the load from idle on the ground, and start rolling - I unfortunately have no real life experience in the NG version, but I am wondering if this is realistic. [It is not an issue with curves or anything, I can visually see the lever move and the load is barely reacting for a long time (or travel)].

The custom engine page is a feature of the DA40NG with NXI avionics. The custom 3-pane engine sidebar as on non-NXI NGs is modeled. 

I've got the note on the background color markings logged.

The power level responsiveness is something we are looking into.

• Like 1