Possible fuel tank issue

azpilot61

First flght test from KDVT to KCHD. Started on left tank and about 10 mins into the flight switched to right tank. Fuel temp for right tank went red maxed and right fuel tank drained. Switched back to left tank and completed flight no problem.

Second test started out from KDVT with 3/4 tanks and specifically on the left tank. Enroute to E25 and about 3/4 of the way there about 5 gals used on the left tank I switched to the right tank. Right before landing all of a sudden a loss of power, I noticed right fuel temp was maxed in the red and right tank was drained (not using the auto fuel xfr switch its turned off) switched back to the left tank and engine restarted and completed landing.

log.txt is from KDVT to E25 second testLog.txt

Edited by azpilot61

Thanks for the log.txt. I've got a fix for this that should address it in the 1.0.1 update (should release in the next few days, we are wrapping it up now). If it continues there, do let me know.

On the DA40NG operations, something to note with the fuel system is it is highly unique. I'd recommend checking out a DA40NG POH (there is one here) to learn more on the operations, but on this specifically, the fuel selector doesn't pick L/R/Off like most, it is Normal/Emergency/Off. For cooling a bunch of fuel is passed to the engine, and a majority is pumped back, through a line in the right tank, into the left tank. In Normal mode, fuel will pump from the left and the behavior is traditional. In Emergency mode, fuel will pump from the right, but the excess still goes into the left tank, causing fuel to inadvertently transfer. The preferred method of operation is to stay in normal mode, and then use the Fuel Transfer switch on the panel to get fuel from the right to the left tank when an imbalance is spotted.