Sounds

taildraggin68

Ok, so to start, fantastic modeling, texturing and FM!  Great work.

Now the sounds, which are great, just need tweaking.  If your going to simulate noise cancelling headsets, then the ground roll noise should be reduced accordingly.  The ground roll is really loud, even without the headphones it takes away from the experience.  

On a side note, I get realism, but that twichy brake castoring steering in xplane (yes thats XP not you guys) could be dampened or at least an option to turn off castoring steering.

2 hours ago, taildraggin68 said:

Ok, so to start, fantastic modeling, texturing and FM!  Great work.

Now the sounds, which are great, just need tweaking.  If your going to simulate noise cancelling headsets, then the ground roll noise should be reduced accordingly.  The ground roll is really loud, even without the headphones it takes away from the experience.  

On a side note, I get realism, but that twichy brake castoring steering in xplane (yes thats XP not you guys) could be dampened or at least an option to turn off castoring steering.

Working on adjust the ANR volume this weekend. As far as gear volume levels...In my opinion it's better to have too much rather than not enough. Too much icing on the cake, just scoop it off. Not enough icing on the cake, too bad, Timmy ate it all.

If the ground interaction audio is too much for your audio system I recommend adjusting the "Environmental" slider for the best experience. This slider is also good for anyone who chooses to use XPrealistic and the audio it presents for gear and airframe wind sounds! Hope this helps!

Edited by Attitude
  • Like 1

I agree on the overly sensitive castoring steering.  I'm having to just caress the brake pedals on the TPR, else I'm all over the place.  Even doing that, it's tricky.  I have many hours in DA40s (RW), and, believe me, they are much easier to steer on the ground!   Perhaps I will tweak the brake pedals sensivity, and that may well help.  However, X-Plane has never been that good for taxiing.......  Never mind.  It's a great plane. Thanks.

• Upvote 1