CL650 speed brakes

N53E

Having some small issues with the CL650 speed brakes. They appear to be working okay, that is they go up and down. The problem is during descents or attempting to slow down and loose some altitude, the speed brakes do nothing. They rumble, extend up, but will not even attempt to slow the plane. I have event gone to the extreme to full deflection.  I will sometimes use the speed brake for a little assistance to loose a little altitude. Question is, Am I doing something wrong, or is this the plane?  (usual speed is150-200 IAS).

Is it normal to ride the brakes during taxi. I need just a touch of throttle to start from being parked. after that, it stay on the brakes to keep a reasonable speed (15kts). I've let it go and it has reached speeds of 45kts NO throttle used.

The last one. approach to land. At time ending my arrival finial point the plane will not slow down and will will hold a high altitude even though I set FAF altitude is set. Here again, am I missing something. Is any of this a problem? NO. Something my flight instructor told me-Fly the Plane First. The AP is nice but I have the final control. 

3 hours ago, N53E said:

usual speed is150-200 IAS

That’s an approach speed, if that’s what you mean? The model does need more drag by accounts of irl operators, it’s being looked at, but these are efficient jets and slowing down while going down is something that needs to be managed.

3 hours ago, N53E said:

Is it normal to ride the brakes during taxi.

To need to, yes. Some operators will use a reverser rather than the brakes.

3 hours ago, N53E said:

At time ending my arrival finial point the plane will not slow down and will will hold a high altitude even though I set FAF altitude is set.

Going to need more detail/context; a video maybe?

Thank Pils for your response. This morning the flight was to KDFW 35L. I used the Jovem5 STAR. The descents went will until SILER. This 12000 @210kts. We arrived there at 12500 @210kts. I had the altitude set to 3000 for DALLN. Normally the FLC will help correct the altitude, but not this time. I then went to VS/2000FPM no luck it would only descend 1000fpm. I slowed to170@20 degree flaps and still no luck. That's when one becomes a pilot, turn AP and ATS off throttle back and nose down. Made a nice landing. I would like to send a video, but I never know when this will happen. I will watch for the signs of this and try getting you a video. I have been watching the ASI close lately because the speed select will not always capture on climbs and descents. My fault for missing the SILER 12000 by 500ft.