Looking for Advise on landing flare with Mu.

Hi folks!

It is really hard for me to say this, but with 25 years in FlightSims on the back, it seems like I still need some guidance on landing Mu.

My problem is that best of my landing with ILS is either ka-boom with -250f/m VSI or floating till the very middle of runway with gentle touch with -50f/m.

I tried various approach speed, tried landing in almost stall speed with stall-alarm turn-on at the moment of touch, retarding throttle above threshhold, not-touching throttle at all. This-and-that. All that nice things I learned for years. Still not happy with landings.

I must be wrong but current MU is bit ovverreacting on inputs-n-weather and quite unstable in XP12. Flying with TM Yoke and pedals if this matter.

So, guys, really appritiate any advises, step-by-step instruction or anything on that.
Thanx!

I know nothing about the MU. But landing in general is about airspeed and ground effects. If you stall too high you drop and land hard, they call this the dropper. Ground effects is when the aircraft is close to the ground and the air under the wings is circulating around and the circulating air touches the the ground and will hold the aircraft airborne to allow you to pull the power back slow and flare and land light as a feather. The hard part is finding when your are close enough to the ground that the ground effects is happening.

Landing 101 by rick310.

On 2/12/2023 at 8:53 AM, OneOffRegistrationUser said:

I must be wrong but current MU is bit ovverreacting on inputs-n-weather and quite unstable in XP12. Flying with TM Yoke and pedals if this matter.

Current MU version hasn't been adapted for 12 yet, so that's not completely unexpected.

Regarding landing technique, I'm not any wiser than you - I also tend to land her very firmly. Here's a video where you can see yoke and throttles during final and landing, maybe this helps figuring this out...

• Like 1

@daemotronThank you, good sir.
Saw this video like two dozen times already. The whole channel is great.

So far I think her behaviour very correlates to design - short-fuselage high-load high-wing with huge propellers mounted on wing. Bit exaggerated probably in XP12. Still love her. :)

@Rick310 Thank you. I tend to agree. With M20 low-wing this is defenatelly true, things changes with high-wing Mu-2.
Only thing I'm bit doubt: if you following ILS all the way - there no time to manage ground effect step-by-step (level-off - reduce throttle and all that) you should be "all done" on touching markings. So you are literally playing whole piano at the very few last moments.
And with Mu-2 in XP12 you should be extrimelly precise.

• Like 1