update to 1.7 failed

mike306

16 minutes ago, mike306 said:

tried to run the installer and it fails when it is trying to  uninstall  the current version, errror say trouble unistalling and stops. any sugestions.

Can you post a screenshot of the error, please? Also can you confirm you have V1.6 installed? If so, try manually uninstalling it before running the V1.7 installer.

I downloaded the the update. Ran the installation process, when it gets to the point where it says that it must uninstall the current version. I hit the continue key and get a pop up box  that says  "unexpected error and  then  ends the setup process. I can still fly the previous version 

48 minutes ago, mike306 said:

I downloaded the the update. Ran the installation process, when it gets to the point where it says that it must uninstall the current version. I hit the continue key and get a pop up box  that says  "unexpected error and  then  ends the setup process. I can still fly the previous version 

Suggest uninstalling the previous version manually.

2 hours ago, mike306 said:

Not sure how to go about uninstalling  manually. Also not sure if i would keep old info.

What operating system? If Windows, you can do so via the Add and Remove Programs interface.

You can always manually backup the prefs file and liveries from the current version. But the uninstallation should preserve them.

thanks for your reply. I love this air craft! I am retired and fly this plane  every day. I am not sure if there is something wrong with the way i have it set up. would hate to uninstall only to find out i the reinstall would also fail. I will move up to xplane 12 soon may just keep v1.6 alive an well. V1.7 had so many bug fixes and that is the reason that i am trying to upgrade. 

4 hours ago, mike306 said:

thanks for your reply. I love this air craft! I am retired and fly this plane  every day. I am not sure if there is something wrong with the way i have it set up. would hate to uninstall only to find out i the reinstall would also fail. I will move up to xplane 12 soon may just keep v1.6 alive a well. V1.7 had so many bug fixes and that is the reason that i am trying to upgrade. 

Getting XP 12 and installing 1.7 only to that sim would be a good way of retaining 11/1.6 intact as a backup. Good idea.