Copilot Course and Heading Bug Knob Behavior

sardilli

I recently noticed a possible bug related to the copilot HSI. Upon initial load of the aircraft, the copilot HSI course knob only changes the digital course readout on the HSI but the CDI needle itself is stuck and does not move. This can be rectified on the Glass and GNS versions by cycling the CDI of #2 Garmin 430 to GPS and back to VLOC which then causes the needle to move with the knob. In the OEM version, the needle is permanently stuck. Would it be possible to fix this in the next version?

Also, regarding the heading bug knob, the pilot's heading bug knob will move the heading bug on both the pilot and co-pilot's HSI but the knob on the copilot HSI does not appear to function. I'm not sure if the real aircraft has synchronized or independent heading bugs but it's certainly convenient to have them synchronized for sim purposes. Would it be possible to have the co-pilot's heading bug knob move the heading bug on both sides as well for times when the user is flying from the right seat?

Thanks in advance, I'm really enjoying flying this aircraft.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:32 AM, sardilli said:

Also, regarding the heading bug knob, the pilot's heading bug knob will move the heading bug on both the pilot and co-pilot's HSI but the knob on the copilot HSI does not appear to function

This is by design.  HDG isn't one of those modes that couples to any 1/2 configuration, so they're sync'd.   As far as the copilot knob not being able adjust the HDG, that too was simply a design choice to avoid possible confusion that the pilot/copilot HDG adjustments were indendent of one another, but simple enough to implement...certainly for any shared cockpit functionality it would be necessary.

Also, I'll peek at the copilot HSI course indicator / CDI issue.

TK