Something Missing from our Hangars...

flyinhawaiian

I was browsing through the list of amazing .acf's to come out recently and due to come out and I've found a small segment that really hasn't been touched by developers yet. The medium-sized piston-twin. I'm talking about aircraft such as the Piper Navajo and Cessna 402, workhorses that bridge that gap between general aviation and commercial operators. The Navajo, for years has operated air-taxi services as well as cargo operations around the world. Its big, its (relatively) quick, and its built like a tank. The C402, on the other hand, its a little more delicate, refined, if you will. No wonder why CapeAir, a commuter operator on the east coast has been operating its fleet of 69 aircraft without a single passenger killed.

So if any aircraft developers are watching, keep these little beauties in mind.

PA-31 Navajo (Chieftain/Cheyenne)

1148489.jpg

1211798.jpg

Cessna 402

0101249.jpg

1356392.jpg

You're Right Flyin,

From a consumer's standpoint, personally, and as well as seeing and hearing what my VA's community is dying for, is a great multi turboprop. I know there are two the Dutchess and jason chandlers piper pack (Which is modeled more on a generic instrument scale), But there is still a great deal and a killer market share that is yearning for a well done models in the Multi twin turboprop field. Carenado is gulping up the market in the single category right now and it seems as they are making there way from smallest to largest which at this rate could take awhile to get to the twins.

My feelings as a consumer with somewhat limited funds to buy everything is who jumps the boat first with a realistic well done model will take the cake when it comes to returns. Everything that XA is involved in is really top notch stuff but projects like the SAAB that I assume will be coming out when X10 does will be a great start but I agree we need more of those types in the XA hangar. It will be a welcomed site and done first should definetly produce some great returns for you developers.

JB

Edited by JB_XUSA

Eloquently said JB. I'm looking forward to the King Air C90 that XP10 ships with and the SAAB has been on my wish list for some time now. The SAAB will supplement my desire to acquaint myself with the regional liners, but there's not much in the way of smaller cargo or passenger haulers, like what you'll see in the air taxi market. Hopefully XA developers will see the interest here and at least give a thought on that end - at least that way we'd know we'd be getting nothing, but the best...

Your right, the need for the smaller twins is something I havent seen in the payware lineup, there is the free version on the .org but I wouldnt hold my breath on that one giving you what you want. I would love to see the Cessna come out as we have, as said before, the piper range (which I have and am thinking of upgrading to the latest version soon), and the Dutchess.....but nothing from the Cessna camp.

Am looking forward to see who tackles this one first :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH