The entire Australian Airforce

Simmo W

Just saw this on twitter, wow, one is loud enough, but 20! Over Brisbane. Here to protect the latest iphone imports.

Seriously, this probably is the majority of our airforce capacity right now. Not that it matters, the order for the 20,000 mini-drones will come in time.

6265483598_75ce288e7c_b.jpg

Don't under estimate the power of the nimble bantam... They travel in swarms and eat kookaburras and kangaroos for dinner.

And I sure hope that now you guys are out you'll be goin' for us instead of the french. ;)

The US should have a fly in of all their fighters... I can just see the news reports after:

Breaking news: 700 people have been taken to hospital because of ear damage, they were 20 km near the annual US fighter fly in. Whitness says that it was SO loud that a 70 kt gail started to pound their car park while they were having KFC.

Seriously, this probably is the majority of our airforce capacity right now. Not that it matters, the order for the 20,000 mini-drones will come in time.

Never mind, no doubt you'll soon be awash with multiple F35s once the UK defence ministry takes delivery of theirs and then finds they've got:

a ) nothing left to fly them off (ships mothballed/airbases closed)

b ) no-one left on the payroll to fly em (savage defence cuts)

c ) everyone who IS left is either in Iraq, Afghanistan or........Libya.

... they'll be desperate to offload em.

Mark my words, the "drones" Sir ordered may be a bit larger than you expected..... :lol:

Edited by Nicola_M

good one Nicola! Hadn't thought of that. What about a swap, a couple of hardly used Collins Class diesel powered submarines (just don't ask why they'rehardly used), for your F35s.

Still, it'd take us 5 yrs to recruit and train enough pilots, only to have them all poached by the airlines

At least someone still flies (or crashes) those pretty delta-winged Mirages.

EDIT: Actually, I believe those are some variant of the Israeli Kfir given the little "scoop" ahead of the vertical stabilizer.

The French also have a large fleet of those pretty Mirages ;)