PT-19 out of control on start

stevem122

Hi Group,

I just purchased and downloaded the PT-19 to X-plane 11.  It all seemed to load OK, but when I select a 'New Flight' and any airport, the PT-19 starts airborne in a tumbling, out of control manner.  The flight controls all work, weight & balance is OK, everything is set to defaults, but it does not start parked on the ramp as all my other aircraft do.  I reloaded the PT-19 aircraft & artwork while in X-plane, but that made no difference.

Any idea what may be causing this behavior?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Steve

I tried 3 different starting airports:  KGOO (Nevada County), KRHV (Reid-Hillview), KSJC (San Jose Intl.). These are all airports I've used many times with other SIM aircraft.  The problem occurs in all of them.  I'm not familiar with "10nm approach" so similar.

I did notice that the PT-19 shows up twice in the  'Aircraft' main listing -- once under 'General Aviation' and again under 'Military.'

Steve

1 hour ago, stevem122 said:

I tried 3 different starting airports:  KGOO (Nevada County), KRHV (Reid-Hillview), KSJC (San Jose Intl.). These are all airports I've used many times with other SIM aircraft.  The problem occurs in all of them.  I'm not familiar with "10nm approach" so similar.

I did notice that the PT-19 shows up twice in the  'Aircraft' main listing -- once under 'General Aviation' and again under 'Military.'

Steve

When you select an airport location from the flight configuration window, click Customize button, and make sure to select a ramp starting location.

That helped!  The Customize button was already set to Ramp, prop tie-down #4...BUT, when I selected a different Ramp tie-down...that stopped the tumbling!  Just to try something, I reset the Customize button from Ramp to Runway and there was also no tumbling.  I set it back to Ramp.  So, the plane is stable now on startup.

But it won't move when the throttle is advanced...so how do you remove the wheel chocks?  And is there an SIM operations manual for the PT-19?  If so, where?

Thanks for your help so far!

Steve

• 1 year later...

I just bought this PT-19 and I'm having the same problem. The aircraft tumbles out of control and crashes every time I load it. I have tried several different airports, and the ramp start mentioned above. There is also a sound bank error. I just spent $30 on this model and I can't use it at all. Is there a fix? There is also a lua script error for an unknown dataref that shows in the Gizmo64 console (sim/aircraft/parts/acf_gearstatdef).

1 hour ago, mesae said:

I just bought this PT-19 and I'm having the same problem. The aircraft tumbles out of control and crashes every time I load it. I have tried several different airports, and the ramp start mentioned above. There is also a sound bank error. I just spent $30 on this model and I can't use it at all. Is there a fix? There is also a lua script error for an unknown dataref that shows in the Gizmo64 console (sim/aircraft/parts/acf_gearstatdef).

Are you trying to use X-Plane 12?

Today, I thought I would see how this aircraft works in XP 12. It does not. :(

I think it's down for phase maintenance because it's missing the engine doors. :D

It looks super though! 

It is a great airplane to fly in the sim. It is great for sightseeing, flight basics and how to finesse trims.

Here's to hoping and praying that it will one day make its way into XP 12. :)

Edited by jmf55