TOGA Simulations MU2 Version 2.0 Paint Kit RC2

tkyler

RC1:  Paint Kit includes 4  Photoshop files and *.fbx file of "paintable surfaces" for import into 3D programs for painting purposes only.  3D mesh is property of TOGA Sim and not to be used for anything other than personal livery painting and is not to be distributed or used for any other purpose.  While the docs section for liveries are sparse at the moment, there is a brief graphical of what each exterior object contains.

RC2:  Fixed UVs for tip tank Fasteners.  new *.fbx.  All other files same as RC1.

http://togasim.com/mu2docs/supplements/paint_kit.html

TOGAsimMU-2_Paint_Kit_RC2.zip

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Tom,

There appears to be an error in the unwrap, the screws and some associated hardware on external3 are collapsed to 1 pixel making them unselectable in substance painter for uv mapping, the screw heads could probably be overlayed on the other one also in that image for the fwd and aft screw heads

image.thumb.png.f34f6cdbffd9cbb19ae39ae763f15259.png

9 hours ago, CaptCrash said:

There appears to be an error in the unwrap, the screws and some associated hardware on external3 are collapsed to 1 pixel making them unselectable in substance painter for uv mapping, the screw heads could probably be overlayed on the other one also in that image for the fwd and aft screw heads

Thx Crash...those really piss me off.  There is an insidious bug in Blender that I learned the very hard way...where if you have UV maps assigned to differing meshes and you join those meshes and the UV map names on those meshes don't match exactly, it "destroys" the UV layout of one of the meshes.  I've been super careful since, but do have to keep an out for occurrences like this that may have happened before I tightened my processes. Thx for reporting.

I'm copying/pasting the UV fix into the FBX, so you should just be able to update the mesh.  I'll have that online pretty quick

Edited by tkyler

• tkyler changed the title to TOGA Simulations MU2 Version 2.0 Paint Kit RC2