The system does not save the preferences !!. attached video

Thank you for the video, very helpful.   This is poor writing and a poorly organized/labled GUI window on my part.  I labled the GUI  window 'preferences' where not every checkbox gets "preference" status....that is not every checkbox value is saved between runs of X-Plane.  For cold and dark starts, I always set the pitot covers, chocks, intake covers, yoke lock in place no matter the checkbox settings (which is why they're grouped together), whereas the other checkboxes in the section below are really the "preferences". The first checkboxes are probably better described as "actions".   This was a quick, late decision and easily changed.  I am a bit on the fence on this one because some folks like those entites "automatically in place" every time when starting cold and dark and others want pure persistence between their sessions with the MU2.

My final thoughts on the matter is that I want to give everybody flexibility in their "start state" and I will probably evolve the system to be a bit more comprehensive and flexible.  There are a lot of preferences to think through and provide solutions for.   For now though...and I apologize, consider the first five checkboxes  "actions" and the rest of the GUI dialog "saved preferences".  I'll come up with something a bit smoother soon.  Thx!