Nose wheel steering tiller - best practice to control

KirkR

If this topic is already in the forum, please reference / sorry.  What's a best practice to effectively use the nose wheel tiller for steering?  I had been using the Thrustmaster rudders, but when I showed off the CL650 to a corporate pilot, he asked me about the tiller and then I discovered it!  Thought I had a creative idea to use the trim wheel on the Honeycomb throttle quadrant, but the way it sends commands won't work with the tiller from may experiment.

I used the two tiller commands that are provided, so I am aware of those.

Appreciate any ideas based on actual practice out there.  In the meantime using the rudders works ... just that evidently this isn't the actual method while taxiing from my understanding.

Thanks

The stick I use for stick-based aircraft (Thrustmaster T16000) did the trick.  The X-Plane tiller command works with the twist.  The CL650 has two commands, not sure how those would be configured against a twist axis device like the stick.  But a toned down response curve with the stick works excellent.

As usual, thank you for your feedback.  Moving forward every day.

• Like 1