Real SIM SR22 software failure

chargold2001

have Real SIM Cirrus SR22 hardware running XPlane with X Aviation SR22 Software. When I try to start the SIM with the engine off I get an alarm that won't stop no matter what I do. Sometime when I try to do a normal start the PFD and the MFD come up before I turn on BAT 2. Also, I cannot get the plane above 500 RPMs which means the plane won't move.  Is there some reset button or control panel that I cannot find? I've been through all the menus and reset it many, many times. I've turned off the computer several times. Thanks

Regarding the alarm, does it sound like the standard G1000 warning bell, or does it sound like an ELT siren. If it is the ELT siren, you can turn off the ELT switch located near the circuit breaker panel in the pilot's footwell.

Regarding starting the SR22, there are a few important guidelines for starting the engine successfully:

• Don't flood the engine. 2-3 seconds of priming is plenty
  • When starting, keep the throttle at 1/4". If it doesn't start, slowly oscillate lower and higher until the engine properly starts
  • If the engine doesn't turn-over properly, the plane's battery could be dead -- it can be recharged from the SR22 menu -> Toggle Aircraft Window -> Recharge Batteries. 

Thank you Coop.

The alarm is a screaming non stop siren.  It is not a standard G1000 warning bell.  I don't know if it is the ELT.  That makes some sense to me.  The RealSIMGear hardware does not have a circuit breaker panel that I know about.  I assembled the hardware and never saw circuit breakers (like in my plane).  Could it be a software setting?  

I went into the SR22 menu, Toggle Aircraft Window.  The recharge didn't do anything.  I did an engine overhaul which seemed to help.  I can now get the RPMs up.  Why would I have to do this after just a few hours (the entire system is brand new)?  

Any help on how to make the siren stop would be much appreciated.  If there's other things I have to do to make the system stay stable please let me know.

Thanks for your help.