Potential buyer question regarding the ALTITUDE CAPTURE function of the G500 with the Carenado PC-12

voleo

Hi,

I am very interested in the G500 suite and particularly to upgrade the avionics suite of my Carenado PC-12 already modded with a REP package. I saw that the installation was possible and I have a question regarding the communication between the G500 and the KMC 321 (the autopilot unit of the PC-12).

Are the VS and ALTITUDE CAPTURE functions of the G500 implemented Not just altitude select ? And if yes, can I only  use the knobs and buttons of the G500 to bypass the use KAS 297 (the original Altitude /VS selector of the PC-12).

Thank you very much for any info you can share.

Best regards,

Seb

Hi Voleo,

Not necessarilly. The G500 is not an autopilot and does not contain an autopilot. X-Plane has datarefs for heading set, vertical speed set, and altitude preselect set, which view and modifiy. We also display the flight director bars from X-Plane. The autopilot's behaviors, whether the default data is set, etc. is all up to the aircraft author.