G5 track does not auto sequence with the GPS flight plan

Harshad

I'm currently using the G5 in pop-up mode with the Carenado Cessna 177 Cardinal RG. The problem I have is that I cannot get the GPS track on the G5 (magenta arrow) to auto sequence to the next waypoint on the GPS flight plan. The xplane GPS sequences correctly when I fly over a waypoint but the G5 keeps on pointing in the same direction. I have also checked that the GPS is not in OBS or CDI mode. Strange thing is that when press the OBS button twice, the magenta arrow then sorts itself out but annoying having to do this for each waypoint. 

The "Direct To" function does not work with the G5 either. 

I've tried re-installing both the aircraft and G5 to rule out any corruption issues. 

Just wondering whether I am doing something wrong?

There are a few manual steps on X-Plane aircraft that were originally authored to have mechanical HSIs, see the Configure Aircraft Autopilot section here https://help.realsimgear.com/en/articles/3737083-setup-for-the-realsimgear-g5, specifically, make sure the checkbox is ticked for 'Auto adjust CDI to GPS DTK' in the instruments section.