Weird default view - from inside the pilot's head (like looking through a mask)!

Jeffrey Shell

Hi. I just bought the M20 collection. It's my first add-on purchase for X-Plane 11, which itself I bought just a few weeks ago. When I start a new flight with any of the M20 aircraft, the view (also triggered whenever I return to 'default view') looks like I'm wearing another person's face over my face. It obstructs everything, and then the outside view looks like ice. If I hold the period key down and move the camera forward, eventually I am out of the fake person's face and the regular textures appear.

Is there a way to fix this? Is there some setting in X-Plane itself of which I'm unaware?

Or - better yet - is there a way to get rid of the people in the airplane? I'm a solitary person in real life and it actually kindof weirded me out seeing other people in my plane.

I couldn't find any settings or menu items specific to the M20 or AFM. (The plug-ins menu only shows a 'gizmo64' menu)

System: Macbook Pro 14" (2021), M1 Pro processor and graphics (ARM). X-Plane 11.55r2. No other plug-ins or add-ons installed.

M20TN - 2022-03-02 20.31.07.png

Edited by Jeffrey Shell
Add x-plane version info

Log attached. Started up X-Plane, did "new flight" with the Ovation III, and then quit after loading so hopefully there's not too much extra mess in the log.

I just saw this particular collection is effectively end-of-life'd. I also know it's a weird limbo time between X-Plane 11 and 12, and I might be in particular limbo being on an ARM Macbook (though everything should be loading in Intel mode as the main X-Plane app is Intel only), but I can see this being a bit of an unusual setup and I can understand a plug-in not working quite right.

Log.txt