Stutters - and I have tried everything that I could find on the forum...

DQui

Dear all,

I recently purchased the TBM 900 and I am unfortunately experiencing the stutters others have already reported about. My computer power is fairly decent (Ryzen 7 3700x, 32 gb ram, RTX 3070) and I usually do not experiencing any limitations from my CPU or GPU. These stutters occur (around every 5 seconds amid my fps falling by around 20) while my CPU and GPU are at an utilization of around 20-40%. In addition to this, X-Plane also crashed every once in a while I try to fix this issue (i.e. it crashed more often that what I am used from using other airplanes). Studying this forums, I have tried the following to get rid of it so far:

• make sure to have the latest GPU driver versions and X-Plane version (=1.55)
  • disabled all unnecessary plugins in the plugin manager
  • loaded the TBM in an area with Orthos (from Orbx) or areas where I only have the plain X-Plane scenery 
  • play with the graphic settings in X-Plane (including switching from Vulkan to openGL - usually I can keep all graphic settings at max)
  • set a maximum fps of 35 or 30 in the Nvidia control panel
  • start X-Plane in windowed mode (and have the browser open in the background)
  • show the fps counter from rivertuner (not sure why this could be of any help...)
  • even tried the challenger fix by limiting the numbers of cores available to X-Plane

I added my log-file asking if somebody could have a look at it. I am running out of ideas leaving the addon unusable to me right now :-(

Many thanks in advanced!

DQui

Log.txt TBM900_Log.txt

You mean at the airport SCIP, don't you? I loaded the plane at SCIP and the stutters are still occurring:-(

BTW: These stutters also occur when I watch the tutorial (with the plane still being cold+dark) and, interestingly, they seem to occur at specific moments as it are always the same words or syllables that get swallowed by these stutters. 

Next step is to install the demo version of X-Plane, followed  by the TBM, then load it up at SCIP.

You will have no problems with activating the TBM.

Please try this, and post back results.

The reason I want to do this is to eliminate any other possible plugin conflicts causing the stutters.  A clean install is the best way of finding this. 

It may also be a good idea to leave the demo version of X-Plane installed for further testing of other add ons, later on.

Hi Goran,

I could not install the demo version of X-Plane as Laminar Research seems to have changed the installer and it now detects if you already have a version installed. However, I found a way to convince Steam to install a clean version along my normal version. Using the clean version, I do not encounter these stutters (even with all graphic settings at max). 

Something I forgot to mention is that I have XVision installed. But this does not seem to cause the stutters as they did not disapear after I had de-installed the plugin.

Any idea how to proceed? 

Many thanks,
DQui

Ok, so a clean install of X-Plane, and the TBM, the stutters disappear.  

Now it goes into the territory of extra plugins that are installed (These will chew up CPU cycles) or ortho scenery (this will tax your GPU).

Try installing plugins first, and see if the stutters re-occur.  Best option is to install them one at a time, and starting X-Plane each time.  This way, you can see which one, specifically, is causing the problem.

• 1 month later...

Hi Goran,

my apologies for the late reply - some real life issues had kept me from focusing on my virtual aviation career. I now had some time and I just figured out which plugin causes these stutters. It is the Gleim X-plane course, which I need to remove from the plugin folder. I find this quite surprising as the plugin should not really be an issue (it is just some course material using the default C172). But after removing these files, I can use all orthodox scenery and graphic settings without having any issues.

Many thanks again for your support,
DQui