[SOLVED] Binding Engine Start switches to button (CL650/overhead/eng_start/start_R)

manfredfunco

Hi,

I'm trying to bind the Challenger 650 R/L start switches to hardware buttons (buttons on Thrustmaster TCA quadrant). I see the command for CL650/overhead/eng_start/start_R. However, this doesn't work because you need to hold the start switch in for a few seconds then release, for the engines to start and the command may just press the switch quickly.

Any ideas on how to trigger holding the button? I'm using spad.next so if there was a command for pressing the switch in, then another for releasing the switch, then I could bind it.

Thanks,

Rex

Edited by Pils

1 hour ago, manfredfunco said:

Hi,

I'm trying to bind the Challenger 650 R/L start switches to hardware buttons (buttons on Thrustmaster TCA quadrant). I see the command for CL650/overhead/eng_start/start_R. However, this doesn't work because you need to hold the start switch in for a few seconds then release, for the engines to start and the command may just press the switch quickly.

Any ideas on how to trigger holding the button? I'm using spad.next so if there was a command for pressing the switch in, then another for releasing the switch, then I could bind it.

Thanks,

Rex

This is a Spad problem not a plane problem. I use the TCA, binding these commands through X-Plane, and they work as advertised. Alternatively if you insist on using Spad, use the “value” datarefs for the buttons. Findable in DRT.

• Pils changed the title to [SOLVED] Binding Engine Start switches to button (CL650/overhead/eng_start/start_R)