Air Conditioning System

StippiPIC

Good day, i have a question to the ACU 1 and 2 in the 650:

For the air in the "conditioned Air Outlet" there are 3 options: NORM, STBY and MAN. In the NORM Mod the ACU Controller sets the temperature for the "cond. Air Outlet" accordingly due to a sensor in the cockpit or cabin. Is it possible to tell these sensors how the temperature should be? I have tried this out and set both switches in the OH-Panel to NORM. Outside temperature was 0 Cesius and in NORM mod the temperature in the "cond. Air Outlet" for ACU1 was 80 (!) Celsius and for ACU2 12 Celsius. I think both temperatures are not very comfortable for both, crew in the cockpit and passengers in the cabin ; ) Please also see pic enclosed.

So how can i change this or how can i manipulate the sensors in the cockpit and cabin.

STBY and MAN Mod seems to be working for me, but as mentioned above NORM mod seems to be doing strange things : )

Thank you in advance for any info on this,

cheers,

Stefan

Unbenannt.png

I ve tried out again. Now i also set NORM mod and have 20 celsius in Cockpit and 22 in the Cabin. I also figured out, that i can change the sensors in the cabin via the screen in the galley. seems to work properly. I think the sensors in the cockpit is automatically near by the sensed temperature of the cabin or is there any specific knob to turn the sensed temp up and done for the cockpit?

I really dont know why i had 80 celsius for the cockpit above. The 12 celsius should be due to the fact, that i didnt set temps in the galley screen properly.

cheers, Stefan

4 hours ago, StippiPIC said:

the temperature in the "cond. Air Outlet" for ACU1 was 80 (!) Celsius and for ACU2 12 Celsius. I think both temperatures are not very comfortable for both, crew in the cockpit and passengers in the cabin 

Stefan

Unbenannt.png

You’re looking at the temperature of the air being used to condition the environment, vs. the actual temperature of it. If you open the cabin environment study window you can see the temps inside both cabin zones. If outside temp is 0° and you have the door open, for example, a lot of hot air is going to be required to keep that forward zone warm.