Garmin G5 Security Login

Adam Penner

We are a real life flight training school and use Garmin G5 in much of our fleet. We have changed one of our flight training devices to Garmin G5, using AFMS software and the realsimgear hardware. It works very well. 

Except for the security log in. Every 2 weeks  it nags us to log in again. Is there a way to take away this nag once and for all?  We would pay more to remove this login request as it messes with the use of the device.

Adam Penner

www.harvsair.com

Hi Adam, 

It shouldn't require the login every 2 weeks, unless it hasn't been used in the last 2 weeks, as it should auto-update the license file with each load of the sim. There is a setting in Gizmo within X-Plane to disable the License Auto-Update feature, I'd recommend checking that it is set to auto-update.

• 1 month later...

I bought the G5 add on to run with the provided 172.  I didn't run X-Plane for a few weeks and now it won't turn on.  The error message is Update or Delete Add On.  Why do I have to go through this all the time.  How do I fix it?

20 hours ago, Les said:

I bought the G5 add on to run with the provided 172.  I didn't run X-Plane for a few weeks and now it won't turn on.  The error message is Update or Delete Add On.  Why do I have to go through this all the time.  How do I fix it?

There was an update a while back with important and necessary fixes. Redownload the G5 v2 and it should then be fixed