Unable to bind buttons to HC hardware

terminalrat

Hello,

I am having an issue getting a few commands bound to buttons on my Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo using the configurator, specifically autopilot disconnect and TOGA. Both buttons are causing the same problem: When I bind them in the configurator and load the profile, pressing the button does nothing. Using datareftools I am able to see that the command is being actuated, but the button in the cockpit doesn't depress and the relevant action does not work. Binding these commands through the X-Plane 11 settings menu works fine, but I am trying to avoid that route.

These are the commands that I am using:

CL650/contwheel/0/ap_disc and CL650/pedestal/throttle/toga_L

I have also attempted to set the dataref for TOGA: CL650/pedestal/throttle/toga_L_value to 1, but when I load the bindings I get an error message that reads: "This profile contains "CL650/pedestal/throttle/toga_L_value" with value "1" which does not seem to be a writeable variable for this aircraft. It will be discarded."

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by terminalrat
  • Upvote 1

This sounds like a Configurator/Bridge problem, as you’ve indicated it works fine in X-Plane itself (which is what I use—I want to use the Configurator as little as possible because I find it to be quite a terrible user interface personally).

In the X-Plane plugin SDK there are two ways to actuate commands, “CommandOnce” or “CommandBegin”/“CommandEnd”. The correct way is the latter, and this is what the CL-650 is expecting. This is important because it allows the aircraft systems plugin to know when you’re holding a key/button down and when it’s released, this is tied directly to the animations, for example. Sometimes hardware integration plugins default, or only support, the former which can cause issues like you’ve described. I don’t know this is the issue in this case but it’s a possibility.

Is there a way to force the Configurator to use the Begin and End method if it’s not already to eliminate this as the cause?

Edited by Pils
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...