[SOLVED] PNG File Error

Mr.T

Hi guys,

I bought the CRJ-200 yesterday, and tried to use it. Unfortunately, when I tried to open the aircraft a message popped up saying " PNG error! Read Error, overan end of buffer! " and another one saying " PING-FILE ERROR! setjmp(png_ptr->jmpbuf dist/CRJ200/CRJ200/CRJ-200/objects/Cockpit_PanelCentral.png (/Volumes/RAID/C++/design++special builds/940-Release/HLutlis/TEX/TEX_png.cpp Tine 83)

I couldn`t find the crash log.txt you were talking about, but I do have my Log.txt.

My specs are a Mac 10.6.8

3.2 GHz Intel Core i3

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Thanks for your help,

Tyson

Hi, Tyson,

This appears to be a faulty install on your part.

Did you actually RUN the installer? It appears you have not. By the looks of it, it seems you may have just unzipped the file you downloaded and moved it to the X-Plane directory, when what you should have done is ran the installer after unzipping your download.

I did run the installer and selected the x plane folder as asked. And I did take the aircraft out of the out of the folder expecting in to be in the x plane folder. But it wasn't. So I got a little confused. And what reassured me to think that it was installed, was an uninstall crj 200 icon in the x plane folder.

If you have a Log.txt please attach it.

Other than that, I second Cameron's and Javier's advise to not tamper with the installation by moving files around.

When in doubt, trigger the deinstallation, then remove any files you manually copied or moved, and then do a fresh  reinstall. This must work.

Philipp

I did run the installer and selected the x plane folder as asked. And I did take the aircraft out of the out of the folder expecting in to be in the x plane folder. But it wasn't. So I got a little confused. And what reassured me to think that it was installed, was an uninstall crj 200 icon in the x plane folder.

Hi, Tyson,

It sounds as though maybe you proceeded through the install a bit too fast when it was completed. After install it informs you that the aircraft is installed to: X-Plane/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200

There is no need to drag any files from the unzipped download. The installer will do EVERYTHING for you.

Hey guys,

Did everything like you said, put the stuff the way it came in the Take Command CRJ 200. I still am confused where to find the CRJ 200. I assume its supposed to be in the JrollonPlanes folder but all I can find in the CRJ200 folder is the DisplayFrame.tga and the FMS.tga. I think I might be looking in the wrong place but thats all I can find.

Tyson

Log.txt

Tyson,

Please do the following:

1. Run the CRJ Uninstaller located in your main X-Plane folder.

2. Re-Download the CRJ, or do a fresh unzip of the CRJ

3. Run the CRJ installer. Please ensure you use the little folder icon in the installer to select your X-Plane folder and not type in the name of the X-Plane folder. There have been a few Mac users who have typed the name of X-Plane, but not the path. The folder icon will ensure the real path to your X-Plane folder is input into the text field.

4. Open X-Plane.

5. Open the CRJ. If installed correctly, your CRJ will be located in your Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200 folder.