TBM900 on Mac - X-TCAS Crash at Load

EGT

Hi,

I can't run the TBM on Mac (Mojave). Every time I try and load it I get an instant crash the second it switches to loading the .acf file.

I tried to remove X-TCAS from the plugins folder, but then it just hung instead.

I've searched for solutions to this, but it seems very few if anyone has either encountered this, or that there is any way to update X-TCAS.

From what I have discovered, it is likely related to FMOD conflict with X-Plane itself (I did see an fmod crash as well).

It's a clean install of the TBM on a clean install of X-Plane.

50 minutes ago, EGT said:

Seriously?? Please explain just what the operating system has to do with X-Plane and a crash in a module?

The short answer would be that when compiling code on Apple computers, Apple forces developers to only compile for so many operating systems prior. Their objective is to essentially want to force people into upgrading. Sometimes we can target how far back we want to support, but even then it's not a guarantee from Apple (like here).

As X-Plane is trying to load a plugin compiled on a later version of Mac OS, it's stalling and crashing out.

It's also worth mentioning that right on the TBM product page it does state MacOS 10.15+ only.

35 minutes ago, Cameron said:

The short answer would be that when compiling code on Apple computers, Apple forces developers to only compile for so many operating systems prior. Their objective is to essentially want to force people into upgrading. Sometimes we can target how far back we want to support, but even then it's not a guarantee from Apple (like here).

As X-Plane is trying to load a plugin compiled on a later version of Mac OS, it's stalling and crashing out.

It's also worth mentioning that right on the TBM product page it does state MacOS 10.15+ only.

I see...

My original purchase was to fly on PC (no issues there), but I'm trying to get it going on the Mac. Not a big deal, but annoying.

Thanks for the help, and Merry Christmas!

Edited by EGT