Autopilot Vertical Speed selector stuck

Hello, using the IXEG 737 on a Mac with X-plane and experiencing strange autopilot behaviour whereby the wheel seems to get 'stuck' and max out at a descent rate (seems to vary what the exact number is, sometimes it's -1000, sometimes even +100) - it always seems to go the full range of of +5000 but not the full range of negative vertical speeds. Any tips :)? 

Hi,

that is a known bug that Tom fixed already for the next release (whenever that will be :unsure:).

Here is what happens: Currently the V/S scrollwheel is coded to have a limited number of revolutions up or down. So you can roll it down for maybe -10.000 feet...then it gets stuck. Whenever you select another mode, the number on the display gets reset to 0000 - so it is hard to see that you maybe already almost "used up" your "rolling down" number.

So one trick is to select another mode, then roll your V/S scrollwheel the "other way"...this frees up additional revolutions in the other direction. Think of a string attached inside...once you are at the limit, you can´t turn it further anymore. But rolling the other way will loosen up the string again.

Sorry for the inconvenience, Jan

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Jan,

thank you for clarifying this. I encountered this problem as well and I was very confused. Once I understood that the scroll wheel is kind of physically limited - that is it cannot turn infinitely in one direction - it even makes sense. So whenever I cannot turn the wheel any further - say upwards -then I change to a mode where turning the V/S wheel has no effect (such as flight level change) and then I turn it downwards so that it is back in the "middle" and I can have more room for the upward movement. I have no idea if the real mcp's scroll wheel has that behaviour. However now I can deal with it and it does not give me trouble anymore - other than some inconvenience.

Looking forward for any update to this great plane.

Best regards and greetings from Frankfut am Main

Matteo

Edited by MatteoC