Proper Steps Dealing with Random Machine Authorization Request?

Torbinator

Does windows update ever mess with the machine ID to the point where it does not recognize a particular computer even though it has been used successfully for numerous flights?

I've been running my 733 on my current machine repeatedly with no issues. Today I went to lunch the sim I got a gizmo error saying there was a machine ID error, then it started to lead me through prompts to give this computer a unique name and then Deauthorize one of my previous choices. One of those choices was my current computer's ID I created when I bought it. I have not done any hardware changes, only the windows updates and driver updates that pop up now and then.

I guess I could deauthorize this machine's previous ID since gizmo seems to be seeing it as a different machine, but it's a bit confusing.

2 hours ago, Torbinator said:

Does windows update ever mess with the machine ID to the point where it does not recognize a particular computer even though it has been used successfully for numerous flights?

I've been running my 733 on my current machine repeatedly with no issues. Today I went to lunch the sim I got a gizmo error saying there was a machine ID error, then it started to lead me through prompts to give this computer a unique name and then Deauthorize one of my previous choices. One of those choices was my current computer's ID I created when I bought it. I have not done any hardware changes, only the windows updates and driver updates that pop up now and then.

I guess I could deauthorize this machine's previous ID since gizmo seems to be seeing it as a different machine, but it's a bit confusing.

Windows update will typically trigger a new machine ID 2-3 times a year.

I consider this an acceptable trade-off in the "giant waste of time" that is DRM technology and code.

On the other hand, Gizmo pays almost no attention at all to the hardware your machine has in it.

• Like 1