TBM900 V1.1.13 Losing Speed and Stalling

tbarry

I cannot find anyone else writing about my issue so I hope it is something I am just missing. 

I have flown the TBM many many time without any issues. Lately the following has been happening and I do not know why.

At this point I will not go into complete detail as I hope it is just something dumb I am doing or missing.

Anyway sometimes as I am climbing the plane will decelerate at near full power and even with a 1500fpm climb rate. 

The last two flights I have taken I was at cruising altitude and watched the ground speed slowly going down until the plane stalled and crashed. Even turning off autopilot, putting the nose down and increasing power the plane continued to slow down.

I made sure it was not icing, lack of fuel etc but everything was good. Anyone have any ideas?

The only thing different on my simulator from the good times to this is an upgraded Navigraph. I have not changed anything!!!!!!!

HI @tbarry!  So many possibilites.  First please attach a log.txt (XP root folder) from a flight where this issue occurred.  Next, specifics.  What "cruising altitude"?  Are you maintaining torque as you climb?  Did you shut off the inertial seperator?  Dumb questions, I know but you provided no information except that this happened.  Have you checked the maintenance report after a flight (or before the next attempt?).  Clearly, "everything wasn't good".  Please start with the log.txt file and we will go from there... 

16 hours ago, oldflyguy said:

HI @tbarry!  So many possibilites.  First please attach a log.txt (XP root folder) from a flight where this issue occurred.  Next, specifics.  What "cruising altitude"?  Are you maintaining torque as you climb?  Did you shut off the inertial seperator?  Dumb questions, I know but you provided no information except that this happened.  Have you checked the maintenance report after a flight (or before the next attempt?).  Clearly, "everything wasn't good".  Please start with the log.txt file and we will go from there... 

Shortly after writing this I had an uneventful flight, ie, everything worked perfectly! I am starting to suspect it is an XPlane issue because all of a sudden I keep getting "xplane not responding" and I need to restart over. Before I tie up anybody's time I will investigate further on my own. Thank you for your reply!

FYI I was flying at 18k and kept torque near max with inertial separator off.  I was using a new TBM as I deleted the TBM output folder after the crash. thanks again

Well all was good for many flights but it started doing the same thing. I was flying across Wisconsin and everything was great until I got to a cruising altitude of 15000.

All of sudden I get an alert that the plane is slowing. Even though it is level at 95% torque with inertial separator off. I was getting 40-50 FPS at the time. I watched as the airspeed quickly bled off and pointing the nose down and even keeping power high........ airspeed still continued to decrease and recovery was impossible.

I did the exact same flight three times. All three had the same result at about the same time. I reset the TBM  and rebooted my computer after the second crash but the first two crashes took place after only rebooting XPlane.

I was using Pilot2ATC in all cases with cumulus clouds and heavy rain but no storm or wind, just clouds and rain. I just thought about doing the flight without weather and see if that is the problem. Will have to get back about that. This time I have attached my log.txt file to see if anyone might have an idea.

i7-9700K @ 3.60 overclocked to 4.1GHz, 32GB 3600MHz , GTX 2070

Log.txt

I just completed an uneventful flight with NO clouds. So it looks like my problem is with SkyMax Pro and/or Real Weather Connector. 

I know I get a FPS hit every time I use a lot of clouds. I was getting 40FPS when the issue arouse so I am at a total loss on what to do except not use weather. Someday I will have a RTX3080 and then maybe I can fly IFR.

14 hours ago, tbarry said:

I was using Pilot2ATC in all cases with cumulus clouds and heavy rain but no storm or wind, just clouds and rain. I just thought about doing the flight without weather and see if that is the problem. Will have to get back about that. This time I have attached my log.txt file to see if anyone might have an idea.

Sounds like icing.  Or very heavy rain.  In these conditions you should reduce power and engage the inertial separator.  Definitely do not leave it off.  This kind of procedural stuff aside have you tried removing all of those 3rd party plug-in's to a safe place?  Then try a flight.  You know the TBM model has a lot going on under the hood and it's possible there is a plug-in conflict.  The latest version of the TBM has given us even better performance (resource wise) than the previous versions.  So flying in heavy weather should not be such a performance killer.  I don't know if you are using the new cloud types or what your coverage area is with SMP/RWC but you should adjustments there as well.  I found with my aging rig I cannot use the new cloud types in "heavy" coverage conditions.  

Thank you. I found out very quickly that the beta clouds are unusable. Frames immediately drop to under 10FPS. I thought about icing so I did have all anti-icing on.

The heavy rain may be the issue as I did not have the inertial separator on. I will try that and removing some third party apps. Thanks for the input!

I forgot to mention that the TBM did flash a warning that my FPS were getting low and to turn off rain drop and window glare visual effects. I did that and it still crashed. My frame counter was reading 40 fps the whole time!

I hope someone from X Aviation/Hotstart can respond to this. I love the visual effects of the rain drops on the windshield not to mention being able to do an ILS !!!