Transparent clouds and low draw distance

flightyler

I would imagine there's a limit as to what can be achieved. As was stated making the clouds look perfect would come with some performance hit then we'd all be whining that these clouds look great but I only get 15 fps, a balance has to be struck. On another note those screenshots of mine were taken without RWC or any weather injector such as ASXP. Since then I have installed RWC and have ASXP injecting the weather and things have improved vastly, still not perfect but much much better.

I actually can max out the cloud coverage area now and lose maybe 6 fps which is pretty darn sweet compared to V4.

Edited by RobH

16 minutes ago, Krys said:

Or does RWC needs to be on master to send visuals to external display machines...

I think RWC has to be installed on every machine which is drawing visuals (meaning clouds) so all of these machines have the same setup and the same weather information. If one of your machines renders weather information without RWC I expect there will be differences in the result so the screen(s) connected to this machine will draw different clouds not matching the other screens which have RWC installed. Anyway, if you have a machine which is not drawing clouds I don't see why you would need SMP and RWC installed on this one so as long as only 3 machines draw clouds you should be fine.