[SOLVED] CRJ-200 Screens Blank

t20y

Hey, So I have had some luck with the Update in so much as the Jet doesn't crash. Though now I think the Electric Panels don't work. Have followed the tutorial in turning on APU etc. yet i see in Vid that the FMC is on yet mine doesn't come on. also the artificial horizon and map panels.  I'm confused. Is this the MAC text issue mentioned above.

I have tested it on a demo. Reinstalled Xplane too.

Regards.

post-779-131369610945_thumb.png

Hey, So I have had some luck with the Update in so much as the Jet doesn't crash. Though now I think the Electric Panels don't work. Have followed the tutorial in turning on APU etc. yet i see in Vid that the FMC is on yet mine doesn't come on. also the artificial horizon and map panels.  I'm confused. Is this the MAC text issue mentioned above.

I have tested it on a demo. Reinstalled Xplane too.

Regards.

That would be an un-activated product.

As you just activated, I assume this was on your first load up of the CRJ. When you fail to activate within 30 seconds of loading the aircraft the screens will go blank until after you activate and re-load the aircraft.

That would be an un-activated product.

As you just activated, I assume this was on your first load up of the CRJ. When you fail to activate within 30 seconds of loading the aircraft the screens will go blank until after you activate and re-load the aircraft.

So, how do you force the plane to attempt to "re-activate"?

So, how do you force the plane to attempt to "re-activate"?

You can't re-activate when you've never activated to begin with (our records indicate you've never activated).

My suspicion is this is a permission issue on your computer when you ran the installer. If I'm correct, my bets are you're likely on Windows, is that correct?

Hey, So I have had some luck with the Update in so much as the Jet doesn't crash. Though now I think the Electric Panels don't work.

Regards.

I have a similar issue...

For the first time in over 30 days since I bought the CRJ, I actually launched the CRJ without crashing using the latest version, 1.1.1. I was not able to use the first 2 releases at all, so this was an exciting moment - the plane was going to finally work! I think I might have celebrated too soon.

I opened up x-plane, activated my plane, but most of the displays were not functioning - only the inner displays were on (see attached pic). Then I quit out of x-plane, and reloaded the CRJ and this time everything was running fine - all displays were on. Wow. For the first time in 30 days it actually appeared this might work for me. I quit out of x-plane again to make sure this wasn't a mirage, and of course, now I've got no displays. This time all displays are dead.

In addition to all displays appearing dead, the GIZMO drawer on the right side of the screen which usually gives me my FPS is gone, seems to have disappeared and I can't get it to re-appear...

This is a fresh install of X-plane, and a fresh install of 1.1.1. The only plugin installed is pilot view.

post-4631-131369611181_thumb.jpg

Found it!

During the process of getting log.txt ready to send to you, I looked at (good idea).

It was complaining about the Gizmo plugin not being found, but of course the folder was right where it was supposed to be.

I did some further research and to make a long story short, it came out being the pThreads dll file.

I registered it (by going to folder I installed it to and double clicking on it), I also copied a version to my windows/system32 folder.

restarted xplane, the activation screen showed.  entered info, and the screens went dark.  ???

Restarted X-Plane once more, and the screens stayed on.

Yes, it may technially be a Authentication issue, but if people are not seeing the dialog to authenticate/activate because the Pthreads dll didn't register, than there is likely going to be some confusion.

post-4975-131369611186_thumb.jpg

I did some further research and to make a long story short, it came out being the pThreads dll file.

That would have been my next suggestion, however in the times I've seen this it's usually just been OAL.

restarted xplane, the activation screen showed.  entered info, and the screens went dark.  ???

Restarted X-Plane once more, and the screens stayed on.

This is normal. If you fail to activate the aircraft within 30 seconds of starting X-Plane they will go black, but the activation window will remain. Once you finish activating simply re-open the aircraft (you don't have to restart X-Plane) and all will be well every time you open the aircraft after this.

Yes, it may technially be a Authentication issue, but if people are not seeing the dialog to authenticate/activate because the Pthreads dll didn't register, than there is likely going to be some confusion.

Again, this comes down to permissions. Somewhere along the lines your install failed to install correctly because of permission settings on the computer. The installer will and DOES try to install these for you. The only time it would fail is with...you guessed it...permission issues. :)

Thanks for reporting back.

Thread closed, as this has been solved.