Changing Registration causing persistent ALT 2 failure.

DarrenHowie

G'day,

Great work on the SR-22 its outstanding.

Im finding if i use the Livery Generator to change the tail number i then subsequently get a persistent unfixable ALT 2 failure.

I have tried restarting both sim and PC to no avail, trying to fix it via the inbuilt maint menu etc.

Elec diagram is showing zero output so its definitely failed.

Any ideas if i have missed something very obvious??

A reinstall fixes the issue of the ALT 2 failed but as soon as i change the tail number its failed again.

Applies to all liveries even if i only change the tail number on just one airframe.

Ideas?

Thanks again for the SR!

Hi Darren,

None of the livery generation code touches the Alternator 2 logic, so imagine this is some coincidence in testing. The Alternator 2 on the SR22 needs a few requirements to be met to engage:

• The Essential bus must be powered to engage the field protection circuit. (This can be powered by Bat 1, Bat 2, or Alt 1)
  • The RPM must be relatively high, due to the circuitry of the setup (>~1500-1750 rpm)

There is a timeout on the warning, so I am guessing it only gets noticed after running the livery generator due to the time it takes.