SR22 PFD Pop Out Problems

Rob Opgenorth

Yesterday I purchased the Take Command SR22 and I am having a number of problems with it.

Most issues are with popping out the PFD or MFD, turning them to a window for transfer to another monitor. When I click the window button on the popped up display the display starts flickering and nothing I can do will stop the flickering. I am running a new and powerful computer and even with the graphics settings turned way down the flickering persists.

When trying to use the PFD in Air Manager, I get all the PFD components but it comes up with a black background and I never get the virtual terrain or even a horizon, just black.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing with no change. I have tinkered with many graphics settings, with and without Vulcan with no success.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions?

Hi Rob,

I am not sure why there is flickering, I would guess that is either some sort of conflict with Air Manager or a driver bug that updating the GPU drivers could fix, as this seems to be an isolated issue.

The customized G1000s do not work with the Air Manager popups, as those only read the default X1000, not our customized displays. 

Coop thanks for the reply,

GPU is AMD RX 5700 XT, brand new and drivers are up to date.  The PFD & MFD pop out just fine initially but if the window icon is clicked to put the pop up in a window it flickers, with or without Air Manager and without trying to move it.  

When I've got a windowed pop up and I restart the flight it persists as it should but that's when I get the black background.  (but its not flickering anymore)

I've got two computers running X-Plane, normally one for scenery and one running X-Plane and Air Manager.  I get these same results running the SR22 on both computers.