[WINDOWS] x-plane crashes when loading CRJ

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

For troubleshooting purposes, please remove the following plugins from Resources/Plugins:

AutoGateMac.xpl

ClearSkies.xpl

XPushBack.xpl

Gizmo looks to be working right and should be there. Please report back when you remove the three plugins and see if you are still getting this issue.

So far this appears to be a Mac only issue, and only on some. We are having many successful updates on the server at the moment on Macs. I am also running the sam OS X version reported in these logs, so we'll need to investigate this some.

Thanks for the reports, guys!

Hi guys,

Can you all please specify whether you are in full screen or windowed mode?

I have noticed before that if you do not have X-Plane as your active screen (as in browsing the internet as the CRJ loads) it can sometimes hang on initial load. Rare, but I've seen it happen.

Yea... when I take out the XPUIPC.xpl it works fine.  I'm trying to use Air Hauler with this and is the main reason I bought the CRJ.  This seems to be the issue which I thought was corrected.  :-)

** I am using "windowed" mode.  I am also using Windows 7 64 bit.

UPDATE:

This last time I managed to get Air Hauler and the CRJ to work for full engine startup but as soon as I went to use the FMS it crashed.  Could be a coincidence.  I attached the latest crash log and X-Plane log.   

crash_log.txt

Log.txt

Hi guys,

Can you all please specify whether you are in full screen or windowed mode?

I have noticed before that if you do not have X-Plane as your active screen (as in browsing the internet as the CRJ loads) it can sometimes hang on initial load. Rare, but I've seen it happen.

X-Plane is full screen and no other apps are open. When I load X-Plane with a different plane, it will start. I can then go select the CRJ and it runs fine. It's just having trouble when it opens with X-Plane.

Ok, thanks guys! I think we have enough data in here to sift through. I will temporarily lock this topic while we investigate and re-open it with any future findings.

Please do not start any repetitive topics while we look into this!

Edit Unlocked for additional user reports.

When I do the update in the game, I enter my email adress etc. I get my new password and blabla, but it stays stuck on "Saving updated files" or something along those lines.

It stays there for a while, then XPlane eventually crashes...

We have indentified the possible culprits:

1. Old debris from the CRJ 1.0 installation

An old version of vascore cannot work with the CRJ 1.1 avionics software. Please be sure to follow the installation instructions of the 1.1 installer carefully.

Don't move old files along or have several versions of the CRJ installed in parallel. This WILL Crash!

2. XPUIPC with certain applications - not XPUIPC itself.

FWIW I can not crash the CRJ with XPUIPC. So I need detailed information about the setup you have with XPUIPC. If you experience an XPUIPC related crash, please give me a detailed list of all applications running that use XPUIPC. Then please try if the CRJ also crashes when NONE of XPUIPC-driven software is running.

3. XPushback

XPushback seems to consume messages not intended for it. The CRJ exchanges a lot of messages with the vascore plugin. The codes used are randomly selected, so it is highly unlikely that XPushback an vascore share message codes. XPushback seems to consume ALL kinds of messages and chokes up on that. I can not do anything about that. This will need to be solved in co-work with the developer of XPushback. However, as the XPushback homepage states development is stopped, so I don't know if there will be any response. If all else fails, you need to remove XPushback for flying the CRJ.

4. Other plugins??

If you have a crash while not using either XPUIPC or XPushback, please report.

Philipp

Hi Phillip,

after installing XPUIPC X-plane crashes when I try to use CRJ. There is no crash_log.txt file on X-plane main directory, but I'm sendign you log.txt (I renamed it to log_copy.txt).

I noticed that crashes occurs using or not the XPUIPC "client" application, which in my case is FSFK.

My system is Win7@64 6.1, nvidia GTX570.

I tried remove CRJ 1.1 and installing again and not happens. However, when I remove XPUIPC files from Plugins folders it works perfectly.

Another plugins installed (they all were working with 1.0 version):

Airport-Nav_win.xpl

PilotViewWin.xpl

XSquawkBox_VATSIM.xpl

GW_PlugIn.xpl

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks in advance!

Regards.

Log_copy.txt

My issue is wierd...When I leave the CRJ as the last plane before X-Plane loads, it won't load when I start X-Plane again. The cockpit comes up, and I get the waiting signal on my mouse. It stays like this and I have to force quit X-Plane. I followed the updater and I don't have the outlined plugins above, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I give up... ha ha.. The CRJ was my only hope of staying with X-Plane instead of FSX.  I LOVE the CRJ and it works great without XPUIPC.  Doesn't matter what I seem to do, if XPUIPC is running it crashes.  Doesn't matter if other plug-ins are running or not.  

Here is my latest crash log. It only has one entry... I also inlcluded the log too.  

:-)

Hopefully at some point this gets fixed.... In the meantime... Back to FSX.. as much as it pains me!  ha ha

*Update - Not that I can read logs.. but it would seem like there is something going on with the XPLM.dll file.  It seems like the log is looking for a key and is not getting it.  However, this would not seem to point to XPUIPC not working which is the only time it crashes.

crash_log.txt

Log.txt

It seems like the log is looking for a key and is not getting it.  However, this would not seem to point to XPUIPC not working which is the only time it crashes.

That's just the X-Plane USB key, often times used for an alternative to a DVD, OR for the pro versions of X-Plane. Normal. :)

2. XPUIPC with certain applications - not XPUIPC itself.

FWIW I can not crash the CRJ with XPUIPC. So I need detailed information about the setup you have with XPUIPC. If you experience an XPUIPC related crash, please give me a detailed list of all applications running that use XPUIPC. Then please try if the CRJ also crashes when NONE of XPUIPC-driven software is running.

I had a crash to desktop on windows 7 x64 yesterday, no crash_log produced, and occurred after the sim had been running for a good 1-2 hours.

I was only running FSCommander over XPUIPC over network on my laptop.

I also have a report from another VA pilot that he had 2x crashes when using our VA flight logger application on windows over XPUIPC.

I had the 1.1 version crash on me (CTD, I mean ) twice this evening, but only when using Flogger. Otherwise no issues, but I did not have any real issues to begin with.

I'll only be able to play around again on Sunday evening at the earliest, and I'm calling it a day for today.

Did you use FLogger already, Alexander? I thought (hoped) this CTD would be the now solved XUIPC issue, but for me it does not seem to work yet.

If you wish to test, you can download from here: http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=650;dl PM me if you wish to test and I'll create a test account in the VA for you to use to sign in and record flights.