AUDIO WARNING "FLY TOO LOW" WHEN AP DISENGAGED

I don't know but probably I am doing something wrong but when the AP disengaged at 200 feet, as explained in the manual, the aircraft tends to have a steep descent and that is why this audio warning message occurs. The speed is at 130 knots and I do not apply much thrust to the engine while descending. The glide path is followed properly. Maybe is this due to an incorrect trim setting for landing? So I am not able to avoid hard landings. Why such a strange behaviour?I know I am expected to pull gently the yoke toward me to flare the aircraft, but as soon as the AP disengages, the aircraft seems to experience this problem. Any suggestion?

Yours

Davide

Hello,

This opens a question for me:

In FADEC controlled engines there is an approach idle setting, which is actually required to achieve the certification acceleration requirements.

The CRJ is not FADEC controlled, hence an approach idle detent is more difficult to realise.

Is there however a procedure in place that instructs the pilots not to retard the throttle below a certain setting during approach?

I hope there is any real world CRJ pilot out there willing to share.

Thanks in advance!

you must make a power ON descent to about. 50 feet, then retard the throttles. you can tell your rate of descent by how fast the 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 occur. Also this aircraft has NO leading edge devices, which means that it must be flown fairly fast to 50 feet. Consult your performance charts for approach speed for weight. Happy CRJ Flyin!