Buttons on right hand G1000 quit working / other log entries

qazme

Didn't have this issue last night - however I'm currently in a flight and some of the buttons on the right hand Garmin quit working. Opening it in a pop-out also does not fix the issue.

Looking at the Garmin with FPL open what works:

• Engine
  • Map
  • CHKList

What doesn't:

• View
  • VNV Prof
  • CNCL Vnav
  • VNV -D->
  • ATK Offset
  • ACT Leg

Worked earlier in the flight and all night last night. The only thing I've done is load a saved flight plan (900+ total miles) with a midway stop. Monitored engine page through climb and did the lean assist after reaching a 24,000 cruise. As far as the Garmin is concerned. The only other thing I've done that I did differently from last night was load a pilot and passengers into the plane via the load manager page. Unfortunately I didn't try this before I started my flight to know if this was caused by the flow of things I did - or if it was some sort of loading issue. I did load straight into the plane and did not load the C172 before this time. I'm not sure if that would have changed things or not.

I've tried numerous things to fix it from changing pages, changing views, resetting my view point etc. Nothing I can do seems to rectify the issue. 

I've attached my log file in case there's something I'm missing. Only error I see that might relate to this in the log was this line # 3490 -> but if I'm not mistaken that found bound keys on a controller and I'm using a recycled joystick config from another plane, so there could be commands that are happening on a button that don't apply to this plane:

0:22:15.992 G64:  warn: Undefined function: ProcessKeyPress RawKeys_OnKeyHold

Also an ask to make troubleshooting and a cleaner log in the future. Would it be possible to squelch the lines that say:

2020-07-26 16:55:49 SR22TN[g1000_literalDraw.hpp:524]: Current Fuel: 75.000	Change Fuel: 75

To not repeat over themselves if the previous line contains the same values? Might not be feasible but figured I'd ask. 

Log.txt

Second flight with a full sim reload. Same results can't use the buttons on the right Garmin as listed in post #1. On my next leg I will do a reset and see if when adding passenger if that's when they quit working or not. I'm leaning heavily that way at the moment.

Issue found and attached to:

If you hold the "CLR" button down for a few seconds to load default state on the Garmin button functionality returns.

Edited by qazme
Added temporary fix and associating with another report.