Someone else with no brakes

jimCam

I know this has been mentioned but I have yet to see an answer that solves the no brake issue. My brakes show that they are being used, they trigger the parking break and an alarm chimes but the plane does not slow...at all. It's kind of odd. I do not have breaks double assigned, I check more than once, they are not worn out either. Obviously several people have had this issue so I'm not willing to just say it's unique to my PC. No plug ins that would interfere either. 

Edited by jimCam

From what I've seen, the people without brakes are not operating them correctly.  You first have to apply the brakes via the pedals on the floor, to pressurize them.  THEN apply the park brake. Just applying the park brake alone will not stop the aircraft from moving, as there is no pressure in the system.  The foot pressure can easily be bound to a key stroke, if you do not have rudder pedals.

Edited by Goran_M

Also, I do not know if the brakes fading is simulated, but if they get hot, during hard braking they might become ineffective!

Also, use at first the propeller reverse (beta) to reduce the speed without making them too hot

As Goran said, when you apply the parking brake, keep the brakes pressed and turn the parking brake switch. I never had issues with braking, other than occasional forgetting the beta and making them hot, getting an advisory to delay take off for at least 15 minutes, to allow them to cool